Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nationwide Series - Starter Bros. 300

Well, Danica will get her 2nd start in the Nationwide Series this weekend at Auto Club Speedway (Fontana). I look for a much better result from her this time. Hopefully no one will crash her out.

The race is Saturday, Feb. 20th at 5pm Eastern on ESPN2.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Personally, I can't hardly wait for California. I love long races on wide open tracks.

And, as long as Danica keeps it a tad on the tight side, doesn't blow a pit stop, doesn't hook it coming out of turn, or get caught up in somebody else's craziness, I expect her to run a conservative race, get lot's of seat time, and maybe even finish lead lap.

Plus, if she gets close to going or does go down a lap I'm pretty certain NASCAR will throw a mystery yellow to bring her back in to the mix.
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    california speedway = nore:
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Well, Danica will get her 2nd start in the Nationwide Series this weekend at Auto Club Speedway (Fontana). I look for a much better result from her this time. Hopefully no one will crash her out.
    Crash her out?? No one "crashed her out" in Daytona, she was caught up in one.

Are you already looking for excuses?
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had decided for myself after Daytona that I wouldn't post directly on Danica related subjects unless for some strange reason it actually had something to do with the race (i.e. Danica blocks leader while getting lapped, Mystery caution while Danica is about to get lapped, etc. **You know the standards that normally are applied in Indycar). Anyway, I just realized how much my contributions to the very thing I despise. So with this post my personal policy is now in effect.

But since there likely won't be another reason to post about her the rest of the year...I must say how impressive she was in practice at Fontana just now. 36th fastest of I think 39 cars. She ran more laps than anybody and of course in a car that competed for wins and a championship last year...she's got talent, not sure why I keep forgetting that.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    I had decided for myself after Daytona that I wouldn't post directly on Danica related subjects unless for some strange reason it actually had something to do with the race (i.e. Danica blocks leader while getting lapped, Mystery caution while Danica is about to get lapped, etc. **You know the standards that normally are applied in Indycar). Anyway, I just realized how much my contributions to the very thing I despise. So with this post my personal policy is now in effect.

But since there likely won't be another reason to post about her the rest of the year...I must say how impressive she was in practice at Fontana just now. 36th fastest of I think 39 cars. She ran more laps than anybody and of course in a car that competed for wins and a championship last year...she's got talent, not sure why I keep forgetting that.
    Her "fastest" lap was almost 2 full seconds off the quickest cars. The TV coverage followed every lap and radio transmission. (There were other cars on track? Really?) Her complaint? You guessed it - the back end didn't feel "planted". I wonder how she would deal with a dirt late model...........
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    Her complaint? You guessed it - the back end didn't feel "planted".
    I wasn't going to bring it up Beach but it did cross my mind when that was the complaint. Surprising to those of us familiar with her Indycar career? I think not.

*Special Note: This does not violate my personal policy as it is in reply to my previous comment.

Oh one more thing. There is a song named You Spin me Round, I believe from the 80's by a group called Dead or Alive. Her "handlers" might as well covet it as their theme.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Nationwide Series practice session is over. Brian Vickers topped the speed charts. Danica was 37th. Her lap time and speed was 42.455 / 169.591.

Here are the top 10..

Rank / Car# & Driver / Lap Time / Speed

1. #32 Brian Vickers / 40.512 / 177.725
    2. #98 Paul Menard / 40.596 / 177.357
    3. #27 Greg Biffle / 40.599 / 177.344
    4. #38 Jason Leffler / 40.660 / 177.078
    5. #16 Colin Braun / 40.696 / 176.922
    6. #60 Carl Edwards / 40.705 / 176.882
    7. #22 Brad Keselowski / 40.735 / 176.752
    8. #10 David Reutimann / 40.851 / 176.250
    9. #20 Joey Logano / 40.875 / 176.147
    10. #66 Steve Wallace / 40.878 / 176.134
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2 full seconds slower in a Hendrick car

DF, I will not set your standards very high for any race Danica runs this year.

Daytona was pollr herbest shot to make an impact, every other race and track have to have a drivers feel with the cars, she is gonna extremely struggle at every track, even if just about every track she is gonna run is a cookie cutter.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

I was watching it, she was visibily slow, you could hear it on the continuous in car cam coverage she was getting.....she was letting off halfway down the back stretch and not getting back to the gas until she was WAAAAAY late on corner exit. I cringed when one of the unsponsered back markers BLEW by her like she was standing still
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ