Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    ...Sato has proven time and again in F1 that he has the talent to compete and I think he will be a great addition to IndyCar...
    Oh yes 7 season in F1 and 1 podium finish, hes brilliant.

Dudes a moving chicane.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    What I do know is we have yet another ride buying field filler that will do ZERO to help grow a fan base. How ignorant of me to speak the absolute truth.
    People don't want to hear or see the truth.

The sport will NEVER get somewhat popular again or garner ANY coverage again in this country, with the current makeup of the driver lineup. Not happening. Its a NASCAR world, for a reason (a bunch of reasons, actually).

Sato may be good; he may be another Japanese driver who ain't worth a damn. We have no idea. We do know, that he won't sell tickets in this country. We do know, the American consumer is not going to make the IRL race a priority to attend or watch, with the piss-poor numbers of American drivers in the series currently.

A KV lineup of Sato and Viso may be the most uninspired and unmarketable duo in Indy Car history. Sorry if that is harsh, but that's the way it is. A guy from Japan who is only here because he couldn't find a ride (or a testing job) in F1 and a guy from Venezuela sponsored by communist oil. Yippee!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Turn3, I'm quite content that Takuma Sato is coming to Indycar, and I'm not saying that to make you wrong. I'm very pleased that the man is coming to Indycar and I see this as a gain in talent and known names (perhaps not in USA, but outside the USA).
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Despite Debbie Downer over there I'm happy with Takuma coming to the IRL. One of the draws CART had during its heyday was that it was the best field of drivers outside of F-1, and frankly "Rookies" coming into the field with years of F-1 experience can only be a good thing.

The true test will be in a few years if drivers like Sato are still in series and have found enough sponsorship to build solid teams around them.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonD
    Oh yes 7 season in F1 and 1 podium finish, hes brilliant.

Dudes a moving chicane.
    Out drove the Super Aguri by getting it into the points and pulled off some good overtaking moves to rub off his 'banzai'-crash label.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sweet! We have acquired a "Super Best Friend". I'll never forget when Taku passed Alonso at Montreal in a completely crap car. I thought the place was going to melt down

Sato is by far the most talented Japanese driver to join the IndyCar Series.

It'll be fun to watch him progress on the ovals. I guarantee you he'll crack up a couple of cars, so Jimmy and Kevin better have some spare parts ready

Welcome Taku!!! Great addition!!
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Out drove the Super Aguri by getting it into the points and pulled off some good overtaking moves to rub off his 'banzai'-crash label.
    4 points over 3 seasons with Super Aguri is not impressive.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yea......He will pack them in at Iowa.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonD
    4 points over 3 seasons with Super Aguri is not impressive.
    The Super Aguri was not impressive. Scoring ANY points in it most assuredly was.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm all for bringing in the drivers with the most talent no matter where they are from but under the circumstances there has to be something in between talent and marketability. Bourdais was as talented of driver as anybody when he came over but the guy is a pompas prick that couldn't even get those of us that hated him to follow. I couldn't stand Zanardi back in the day but after he left to go back to F1 I realized his presence was missed. Taku may be great but he just isn't a good fit (along with numerous others) in our series right now. All the cynics can point to too many things that all degrade Indycar (i.e. F1 reject, never won, etc. etc.). No matter what the truth it is all about appearence right now. I'm not putting him down because of any other reason than I know there are probably 10 available drivers or more that are as talented or more so, and can give an interview on American TV without subtitles required. I'm sorry but that isn't going to help in any way shape or form under our given scenario.

Picture this, Emmerson Fittipaldi barreling into TURN3 at Indy with Al Jr. with 2 laps to go, they both went in to win the biggest race in the world and only 1 barely came out. Emmo is Brazilian but can drive into victory lane and give an interview about what a class act Al Jr. was...a great moment of class and competition at its highest level at Indy (except for the OJ biz). Now fast forward to Taku going into that turn with Scott Dixon and Taku drives into victory lane. I'm sure that'll be part of the Indy folklore huh?

The fact is he is here and i really do hope he tears it up at the front. I want to see KV do well and more cars and teams battling...he may be able to do that. I hope so, but will anybody ever notice?
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.