Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome to IndyCar Sato -san !!!

http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=15776

I'm a HUGE Taku fan. Being of Asian descent, I am proud whenever an even halfway decent Asian driver comes to Indy. Sato has proven time and again in F1 that he has the talent to compete and I think he will be a great addition to IndyCar. He will be scared #%^#%less on his first high banked oval but he will settle in quick . Good Luck TAKU !!!!
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=15776

I'm a HUGE Taku fan. Being of Asian descent, I am proud whenever an even halfway decent Asian driver comes to Indy.

Considering we have had King Hiro, Tora Tora Tora, Shinji Nakano, Roger Yas, Hideki Mutoh and Kosucky, Takuma won't exactly have to do much to outdo them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No offense, glad you're proud of your heritage. But lets face facts, nobody outside of Asian roots gives a flying crap. Our series is dying a rapid death and continuing to add drivers nobody cares if they show up or not isn't helping. Nothing good can possibly come from him being in the series, no matter how good or fast he is...sorry, just the plain truth.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    No offense, glad you're proud of your heritage. But lets face facts, nobody outside of Asian roots gives a flying crap. Our series is dying a rapid death and continuing to add drivers nobody cares if they show up or not isn't helping. Nothing good can possibly come from him being in the series, no matter how good or fast he is...sorry, just the plain truth.
    this has to be the most ignorant post I have ever read on this or any other forum. All I can do is shake my head and wish you the best. It amazes me that just because people put "no offense" at the beginning of something, they think what they say is not offensive. I just have to laugh at how ridiculous people can be.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I hope Sato does well. Too bad I won't see it.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    So people in Japan watching IRL is a bad thing.

No offense but that's not the plain truth you're talking out of your arse.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have seen nothing firm on whether this will be a 2 car effort for 2010. Besides $$$, I do not see any advantage in choosing a 33 year old oval rookie over a 22(maybe 21) year old veteran of 2 full seasons in the series. I hope KV can return to two full time cars.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Taku will be a worthy addition. He will do his nation proud (hopefully).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    this has to be the most ignorant post I have ever read on this or any other forum. All I can do is shake my head and wish you the best. It amazes me that just because people put "no offense" at the beginning of something, they think what they say is not offensive. I just have to laugh at how ridiculous people can be.
    Ya know, I could probably take the time to word my point differently but honestly I don't care to. I just didn't want to get caught being an "Asian hater" because I'm not at all. All I'm trying to say is that whether he is fast or not, this does absolutely nothing to help the state of our fan base. There isn't a single TV outside of Japan or a few people with roots from there that will light up because of this. I'm sure this will be a great improvement in TV interviews of Mutoh. Never heard the guy speak English, if he can or not, I'm certain that fans will be endeared by the fact you can't understand a single word. Frankly it isn't much different than many other hires, I'd think frickin' Graham Rahal should be a little higher priority. I'm not trying to make this personal, I'm looking at the fact the IRL is dying and this addition does absolutely NOTHING to help. That is the plain truth and if you can't deal with it without getting offended or taking it personal then go ahead and watch things continue to die. Hardly ignorant, very true.

Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    So people in Japan watching IRL is a bad thing.

No offense but that's not the plain truth you're talking out of your arse.
    No, people watching in Japan is not a bad thing at all. Afterall, there is 1 race there!

Funny how my post is ignorant and I'm supposedly talking out my blowhole yet it is the very thing that 99% of this board knows has much to do with low TV ratings and problematic growth of Indycar. I have nothing against foreign drivers, they certainly aren't the entire problem. Frankly when a legit talent comes to the series and starts stirring things up people warm up to them (i.e Alex Zanardi, Juan Montoya, etc.). The Target commercials were excellent with Jeemy back in the day. Then you can clearly understand their English speaking. I know absolutely nothing about Sato other than he drove in F1. What I do know is we have yet another ride buying field filler that will do ZERO to help grow a fan base. How ignorant of me to speak the absolute truth.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.