Page 55 of 104 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    Marketing is everything. Heineken (Dutch beer) is perhaps the worst beer you can find, but with good marketing you sell everything, it's one of the most sold beers in the world.
    Disagree! I like Heineken
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Exactly! Look at some of the events they're behind; RedBull Air Race, RedBull Crashed Ice, X Fighters. None of which you'd call 'mainstream' but they have become 'Events'. How many of the WRC rounds would you class as an 'Event'?
    I was always hoping for a eurosport promoter, but fter you point that out, I am not particurlarly interested in stunt bikes or diving but RB make a really good show and its always entertaining, so imagine what they can do with WRC...

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    The big question is whether they will broadcast on freeview or not and what about coverage. Europsort offers best coverage with no extra cost.

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc1600
    The big question is whether they will broadcast on freeview or not and what about coverage. Europsort offers best coverage with no extra cost.
    Only in a few countries is Eurosport free.

Here in UK it's pay tv.

Being on Eurosport also stops the ability to do deals with individual country broadcasters.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Eurosport themselves admitted the Red Bull offer was simply better. The strong point of Eurosport is their wide audience, and apprently they think Red Bull's offer will be better than that.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend
    Only in a few countries is Eurosport free.

Here in UK it's pay tv.

Being on Eurosport also stops the ability to do deals with individual country broadcasters.
    You can get it on satellite for free and that is the point, natioal broadcasters weren't interested in WRC and I don't think Redbull presence will change that. To get audience it needs to be free and in as many countries as possible.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Eurosport would have suited me well because the housing association (google translated) where I live has Eurosport. This year I subscribed for the MTV3 web stream for 25 € so that’s not so bad. Only thing is that quality is not so good when connecting the laptop to a TV.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Malaysia could hardly see Rally nowadays... missing those days seeing the cars running in the muddy course

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Diddnt really know where to post this, but I thought a lot of people would like to see this -

Time for Tea? 1980s Rallycross - PistonHeads

Enjoy

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    I read in the yesterday newspaper (Helsingin Sanomat) about the young golf player (23) Rory McIlroy. He’s made a sponsorship with Nike from the beginning of next year, which estimated value is 192 million euros over a ten year period, 19,2 millions per year. I think that any team or driver would be more than happy with such kind of sponsorship.

In the article was also written that thanks to Tiger Woods the amount of money in pro golf has increased and attracted new spectators outside golf. By the world wide TV- visibility golf also attracted new sponsors outside golf.

Imo in golf there’s not so huge crowds following it onsite (at least compared to F1). The spectators follow their favourite player or the top players. Also the final outcome is decided (hopefully) at the last hole. So, the spectators have to follow the competition to last hole as in rallying to the last stage.

I can see some similarities in golf and rallying, both are very dependent on TV-visibility. What rallying needs is character like Tiger Woods to attract more spectators and sponsors or in other way make rallying more attractive to Average Joe and thereby also for sponsors. What that would be I don’t know. What MTV3 is doing here in Finland is that they put ads for NORF on their free to air channel during prime time although the WRC TV broadcasts are on their pay channel.

I hope that The Sportsman Media Group and Red Bull Media House can solve this problem.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa