Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Since they started producing the TV programmes in HD this year, I reckon the on-board camera footage and locations have improved quite a lot.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend
    Since they started producing the TV programmes in HD this year, I reckon the on-board camera footage and locations have improved quite a lot.
    Do you have any examples of that? I haven't seen a real improvement to be honest. And as far as HD goes, I have never seen real full HD from a WRC car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    Onboard with proper camera position and decent light control is the most valuable kind of video for me.
    Second most valuable is camera mounted at one place showing in sequence how each driver passes it.
    I agree with both points...

Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Well I don't want to damage a Volvo crank by giving myself brain-damage for no good reason....and putting myself out of misery (nåd skottet till nacken is maybe a little too much..) (oh dear ......
    .....windscreen with black, we see even less.
    I think you are quite lonely with your opinion

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundgaard
    And how do you know that?
    Since North One Sport took over and placed cameras in all the wrong places inside and outside of the car, the ratings has not exactly gone up...
    Do you really think that the WRC broadcast ratings have got anything to do with the way onboard cameras are placed? Majority of people don't even give a s... as long as they see something. This is a rally forum and it's a place where more or less die hard rally fans have gathered over time and you can't make a TV programme based on hard core fan base wishes because they are the minority. Janvanvurpa has actually the right idea because people want to see what's happening (and the hard core fans want to see how it happened).

About ratings. Ratings have a rather simple story, they go up when there's something interesting and down when it's boring. People got bored of Michael Schumacher dominating the F1 and they've got bored of Seb Loeb just humiliating the competition. The ratings won't go up before there's a proper fight going on and channels with bigger audiences start to broadcast it.

And generally, rallying isn't a TV friendly sport. The only way to get more people interested is actually embracing the new media fully. More content and of course the need for the kind of feed they did in France last year. That's what might get WRC more audience but all that demands quite much money.

Going back to your question. I don't know it by 100% but I'm more than pretty sure that I'm not wrong. Majority of people don't even notice details.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igi
    I agree with both points...

I think you are quite lonely with your opinion
    No, it has been discussed many times before.. This forum being mainly a "fan" forum, well we can probably assume , on average, a younger crowd somewhat distant to real participation, maybe a bad sample, or maybe those bored iwth in-car have already shot themselves, or bashed a crankshaft on their head
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    And how do you know that?
    Since North One Sport took over and placed cameras in all the wrong places inside and outside of the car.
    You can't satisfy everyone. One likes one view, other another. NOS had really showed lot of views, we could even watch the car's suspension dynamics sometimes. Of course watching the whole stage from this perspective will be stupid. Perhaps a survey should be made and different perspectives should be timed according to audience percentage preference.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Do you have any examples of that? I haven't seen a real improvement to be honest. And as far as HD goes, I have never seen real full HD from a WRC car.
    Both the Ford and Citroen YouTube clips seem to use the FIA's HD feed for a lot of their vision.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some inboard are ok, but not too much. The most important is to have the splits and finish at good positions with good camera angels. With grapics and split times live. Some switching between inboard, heli and the split cams, when a car approaches the split or the finish.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, if I am alone on this (that this - Ruben Zeltner WP4 Rallye Deutschland 2012 - YouTube - is great) then there is a long way to go
    I really thought that all "the real fans" could see the differens in both picture quality and angle quality.
    And to Rallyfiend: NOS calls it HD, but it has NOTHING to do with HD. That is one of the reasons why I hate them so much.

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    I have seen proper. By go pro. Have you seen ken blocks helmet cam? Awesome

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2