Page 57 of 104 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bf1_IRL
    @gravelman Yep, it is worth a try I talked to Michael O'Carroll back in 2001 and eventually we got WRC on RTÉ2 albeit late at night but it was something!

@bluuford Yes I agree, but I would like some info so to then be able to approach the local broadcasters here with any relevant info they may need
    I still have most of the broadcasts on tape, the joys of school in the morning. Michael gone now sadly, if it's not a ball sport, they aren't interested, as I'm sure you've discussed with me and others on another forum.

Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts
    This isn't encouraging:
    Sources in the FIA have confirmed the agreement between the sport’s governing body and Red Bull Media House and Sportsman Media has still not been signed.
    From: autosport.com news: F1 | MotoGP | WRC | IndyCar | GP2 | Le Mans | NASCAR | F3 | DTM

Wonder what the hold up is

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This isn't encouraging:

From: autosport.com news: F1 | MotoGP | WRC | IndyCar | GP2 | Le Mans | NASCAR | F3 | DTM

Wonder what the hold up is
    From what I can make up, Mateschitz is someone who also sees WRC as F1 on gravel. Not really in line with the direction Todt is heading.

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    From what I can make up, Mateschitz is someone who also sees WRC as F1 on gravel. Not really in line with the direction Todt is heading.
    Yep, got the same feeling when reading the article. But F1 on gravel is rallycross. WRC is a bit different as we all know.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    This isn't encouraging
    I didn't find any aspect of the article encouraging at all. I was especially dismayed to read his comments about rallying not needing to be any more dangerous than it is now, regarding Todt's desire to get back to longer, endurance type events, which IMO, is the soul of the sport. If we make the sport any less dangerous than it is now, it will be go-karting for kiddies.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Don't care what kind of coverage will be, just to see live WRC TV.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    Don't care what kind of coverage will be, just to see live WRC TV.
    Even if it was just the SSS at the end of the legs, for half an hour on live motors tv on rally days, that would do for me!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007
    I didn't find any aspect of the article encouraging at all. I was especially dismayed to read his comments about rallying not needing to be any more dangerous than it is now, regarding Todt's desire to get back to longer, endurance type events, which IMO, is the soul of the sport. If we make the sport any less dangerous than it is now, it will be go-karting for kiddies.
    I'd like to believe that Mateschitz's comments really mean "keep what we've got now, because we know it works". And as the incoming promoter, that makes sense - not just because it will be cheaper for them, but because they will gain experience promoting the events, thereby making it easier in the future if the FIA does encourage longer routes. That said, the promoter will have only a minimal ability to influence the rules. If Todt really wants endurance events, I'm sure he'll get them because he has the power to introduce them.

I just hope Mateschitz isn't thinking of dumbing the category down to an "extreme" sport.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Even if it was just the SSS at the end of the legs, for half an hour on live motors tv on rally days, that would do for me!
    I think anything but motors tv would be a plus. They just **** on and you can't here the cars at all and get no proper visual insights into individual stages. Hell, it looks like there wont even be a DVD of highlights for this season. If Red Bull can mimic what Eurosport did with IRc I will be pleased. Their coverage was very detailed.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Eurosport would be great.