Page 59 of 104 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtimad73
    This is not meant as a dig at you. But why do people slate motorstv so much. At least they had the WRC on all year. I agree that there picture quality is not the best but at least they had it on all year. They only show what the people at WRc provide...
    No they don't, we had HD quality on Viasat
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtimad73
    This is not meant as a dig at you. But why do people slate motorstv so much. At least they had the WRC on all year. I agree that there picture quality is not the best but at least they had it on all year. They only show what the people at WRc provide...
    You'd be amazed what kind of ****ty quality programmes the networks send to the transmission centers. The quality is quite often similar to the lower Youtube resolutions, e.g. 260p.

As SubaruNorway hinted, the production company sends a high quality file to the networks. So it's most likely MotorsTV who does some chemistry with the footage.

Prisoner Monkeys, that intro isn't bad at all. It's just that the voice over isn't supporting the visuals and the repetition of 'the mountain' gets annoying after like the second time.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    I'm in Australia. SPEED TV showed the WRC in HD.

I've also sourced Viasat in HD.

I've sourced MotorsTV and it was in SD. Each of the networks around the world get supplied the HD coverage of the sport. It's up to who ever broadcasts it to show in HD. Perhaps MotorsTV don't have a High Definition feed on the satellite provider hence the poor quality. You have SD channels still on Sat and Cable TV around the world...

If you source a copy of the WRC directs from UBS from this year, it has ALL been filmed in HD!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Here is an insight of the WRC coverage from 2012!!!

http://www.live-production.tv/case-s...p-quantel.html

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    I don't think MotorsTV show anything in HD. In fact, a lot of their output is barely SD....
    Occasionally, both MotorsTV & Eurosport had the WEC on at the same time, Eurosport had it on HD and Eurosport2 - and the quality on Eurosport2 was far better than MotorsTV, even they were both SD.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts
    So, Motors TV it is then?

Yes, the picture quality isn't the best there is, but I didn't really mind that.

What annoyed me is the quality of the programme itself, consisting of 90% of on-boards, which I find dull.

But, my local cable provider took care of it for me, by putting Motors TV in another package, which i have no intention of buying. Hence my question in the 1st place, will it be available anywhere else.
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts
    MotorsTV (if I remember correctly) does not have as much satellite bandwidth as other channels hence the somewhat lower picture quality.

And at the begining of 2011, MotorsTV had an agreement with the promotor who ever it was at the time (UBS/NorthOne) that they could ONLY show 5 minutes of OUTSIDE coverage of the car, the rest was inside. Then when NorthOne finally went down the drain, they could show as much as they want picking up two commentators. But the QUALITY of the broadcast was still low....

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Commentators were really bad, too much speech...

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    Commentators were really bad, too much speech...
    You can't please all of the people, all of the time. I'd rather too much commentary than the long periods of silence the earlier programmes on MotorsTV suffered from.
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/