Page 21 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bopApocalypse
    fellas - the commentary on the english-language eurosport day 2 & 3 coverage has been Carlton Kirby.

You know, the one who has done:
    * all the IRC coverage as long as I can remember [didn't follow the first year]
    * Eurosport's dakar coverage
    * some other racing coverage on Eurosport as well (can't remember what it was)

Certainly a different style than his usual commentary - but his pronunciation of these names has always been a bit... different.

They sure do seem to have their review and primary coverage backwards... Their previous day(s) reviews includes the front runners in detail, and a fair amount on the rest of the pack. Then, their primary coverage lightly covers the frontrunners...

It was nice that it felt as though they mixed the coverage up with day 3, until you realized that whomever they covered first won the stage, then second was second fastest, etc.

one can hope things will improve as time goes by.
    Is the WRC coverage season long?

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Eurosport will so far only cover Monte and Sweden to my knowledge... Eurosport could potentially become the promotor and broadcaster for the WRC.... unless it has been 100% confirmed, someone update it here.

I thought Day 3 coverage was the best, I forwarded the first 12 mins of coverage from Days 1/2 so then watched 3. It was good. Good to see MINI in there a bit, but Day 1 & 2 had good showing of lower down the order and S2000 cars.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    They should try Andrew Coley for the commentary. He does the live stuff for IRC and he's very good.

I much prefer this type of factual review programme that Eurosport have been doing than trying to make some kind of fake excitement pretending-to-be-live-when-it's-not-live that NOS did. I'm guessing that the majority of people who watch the daily reviews probably already know what has happened and don't need to be told when to be excited e.t.c.

I can kind of understand why NOS did that, to try and make it seem exciting to new fans but I still think the only way to truly get serious numbers of new fans to WRC is to do more live tv coverage.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Note that the Eurosport coverage starts in a an hour.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    This guys are doing show for Eurosport.
    ellegy.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what i didn't like about the eurosport coverage was the 15min recap every night. I under stand that they didnt have much time to prepare. But it was a pain to sit through what you'd seen the night before.

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Day four footage was actually very good. Still the silly recap but after skipping that the rest was actually pretty good. The commentary was TERRIBLE on day two. Keeps telling who was fastest as you see the first car rolling out. The scripts used/made? by Paul King at least talked about how they went on in the stage then revealed the fastest driver at the end.

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts
    Does anyone know who is updating WRC.com? I was under the impression NOS own/owned the rights to the website, so surely it can't be them...
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Must be some of that guys.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MES
    I've been saying it for years but every type of media coverage we need can be found online. We have instant timing, forums like this, rally radio, apps, YouTube videos, people Tweeting instant pictures. Sure it is nice to sit down in front of the TV with a coffee or a beer and watch the review show but if you want instant information then online is the place to be.
    Daily coverage is still needed. I have a friend who doesn’t follow rallies online. Last Saturday we where discussing and I mentioned that I’ve been following Monte online. He said to me “don’t tell me any results, I wont to know the results by watching the coverage.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa