Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    I don't care if is in HD, all I want is it to be back on ITV4 and NOT DAVE or E.S.P.N
    What would be the difference between it being on ITV4 or Dave?

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    You cannot get Dave on Freesat and the Dave coverage was rubbish anyway.

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    So you want it on Free TV. Got it.

How about internet coverage? As LIVE this weekend in France? You need Sport+ from France... but we've found a way to watch it online Free =)
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    wrc´s youtube channel has come back to live today. they´ve uploaded the same stuff thats online on wrc.com but still better then nothing. maybe we can hope to request onboards in the future again:

The Official WRC Channel - YouTube

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    You cannot get Dave on Freesat and the Dave coverage was rubbish anyway.
    ITV4 coverage before Dave took over was even worse though. The X-Fighters coverage is quite good, a bit shouty and lacking in substance but I think a lot of that is down to the ethos of the sport itself.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    Sounds like Monday is the day...

Long-term WRC promotion to be discussed in Paris FIA meeting - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com

The long-term promotion of the World Rally Championship will be discussed at a meeting between the FIA and rally organisers in Paris next week.

A document seen by AUTOSPORT includes the agenda for the meeting, at which crucial investment plans for the future of the series are expected to be revealed.

Red Bull Media House and Sportsman Media were revealed as the WRC's new promoters in September and have attended the last three rounds of the series.

Both have remained silent on their plans for the future of the sport during that time, leading to increasing levels of disquiet among the stakeholders in the championship.

However, Monday's meeting comes at the end of a positive week amid talk of rapid and prolonged investment from the promoters. It is expected to set the tone for announcements from the promoter next month.

"They've [the new promoter] had time to have a look around and get among us," a senior source told AUTOSPORT.

"But now it's time for them to give us some news. And I'm sure that's what Monday is going to be all about.

"We've all done our homework on the companies involved and we all know they're not in the WRC to turn a profit in year one - maybe not event the couple of years following - they're in the WRC to invest in it for the long term."

The 2012 WRC season has been among the most difficult in its history. This follows its former promoter North One Sport going into liquidation last December and has included events such as the Acropolis and Rally Australia stuggling to remain financially successful.

AUTOSPORT's source added: "The final few years of the ailing North One Sport era saw a trend of further and further reducing investment and increased cost-saving, putting more and more pressure on the organisers and teams to carry the financial burden.

"We are now getting a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel."

"This is a 10-year deal we're talking about and that's going to come with significant investment.

"For the event organisers and the other stakeholders, this is what they have been waiting for - investment in the championship; a promoter coming along to take some of the strain financially.

"Undoubtedly, Monday is a great chance for a line to be drawn in the sand - it's a meeting of the highest importance.

"Admittedly, the meeting won't have a huge regulatory impact, but the chance to boost confidence and set the tone for some of the more, should we say, cash-strapped, organisers is vital."

New proposed sporting regulations, guidelines for event organisers, the new FIA Rally Organisation - specifically relating to Jarmo Mahonen's role as rally director - and the timing and tracking deal are also set to be discussed.

Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts
    So... Any News??

Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts
    A week has passed since the meeting and nobody has heard anything? Hope the news (if there is any to report) will be good (especially if it is being kept quiet..)

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    I heard someone somewhere saying Lack of news is good news... But I think it was in war times.
    The only think I've read recently about this is Eurosport claiming Red Bull Media House's offer to WRC promotion was better than theirs. The only question is - better how?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Just look at the coverage of the RedBull Stratos with Felix Baumgartner....they know how to promote an event. Have a look at their website, or RedBullTV, RedBulletin magazine, etc RedBull are in a different league to Eurosport.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???