Page 82 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mm46
    wrc.com/video/highlights/
    That's even better! Official daily highlightes on the official website!!
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Formaldehyde
    People, for the past many years you can usually get a high quality torrent of the daily highlights only a few hours (sometimes minutes) after it's aired on TV, anywhere in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by michpetter
    Where? Please, share the links.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimiryan
    I guess all the vedio come from the racingfor.me first,But it needs the invatation to register
    kimiryan is right. You need a good private tracker to find the good stuff. You won't find next day WRC highlights on The Pirate Bay.

I have 2 invite codes for Racing For Me... first 2 people to contact me by PM will get them. And please, since the invitation system is so restricted, don't ask for the code unless you intend to share your stuff by keeping your torrent client open whenever your computer is on. I would hate to give out the code to someone only for them to be banned from the tracker a couple of weeks later because they downloaded a bunch of stuff and did not seed their torrents back.

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear
    That's even better! Official daily highlightes on the official website!!
    Good indeed! But than they have to upload it fast, so you can watch it the next day. Don't know when this was done

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend
    How can it be sold to broadcasters if it's available free on the web?
    I'm not sure broadcasters actually pay? Last time it was on tv in the UK the broadcaster was paid to take it.

Liked 661 Times in 320 Posts
    [quote="RS"]I'm not sure broadcasters actually pay? Last time it was on tv in the UK the broadcaster was paid to take it.[/QUOTE

How do you know that? Source?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Internet. Its broadband after all!
    That´s how I always did, and will probably be doing for some time. They could even profit by advertising in their WRC day highlights youtube channel, shared on every social network in reach.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Motors TV had the balls to use its own forum to discuss directly with the customer (us)
    Is there a site/place where the RedBull media team have a similar service, or maybe they follow this thread?
    In one of my emails from Red Bull Media House I was told that there willl be an email addres for us to give feedback, and they will let me know what it is as soon as its live.

I will of course post it up as soon as I get it

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    In one of my emails from Red Bull Media House I was told that there willl be an email addres for us to give feedback, and they will let me know what it is as soon as its live.

I will of course post it up as soon as I get it
    You know that setting up an e-mail account takes about a few minutes Love the big companies.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 29 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend
    How can it be sold to broadcasters if it's available free on the web? You're kind of making a self defeating argument there.

And to be fair, it doesn't seem to be affecting the number of manufacturers. VW, Hyundai, rumoured Toyota....

Name a motorsport series that is attracting more manufacturers?

They're leaving WTCC like rats, F1 only has 2 (sort of 3).....
    Well without it being free on the web Joe Bloggs is not aware of what the sport actually is. Lets say he does want to go watching rallying just out of interest do you think he wants to pay ten euro extra or whatever it is to his satellite provider? As an avid rally fan of the best part of twenty years I feel its a disgrace the way the sport is (non)promoted. Charge for coverage by all means but in this interactive age you should be getting more bang for your buck i.e. live coverage, exclusive interviews and just a more in depth package overall - something like what you used to get on the red button when the BBC broadcast the F1 live. It should be free on terrestrial T.V. and if anything youtube and similar outlets serve up a new fan base that wouldn't normally be there. As for the new manufacturers I have no doubt there are increased media promises to guarantee their entries, for some it is a little too late i.e. Ford and BMW-Mini

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughMac
    Well without it being free on the web Joe Bloggs is not aware of what the sport actually is.
    That may be the case for some people, but I think that the majority are aware of rallying. Popularity of the RAC up to about 1998, combined with interest created by computer games, means that there are an awful lot of people that are aware of rallying, but just not interested enough to follow it. Being free on the internet isn't something that overly interests me as a fan of the sport, let alone people that don't care.

As you say it's terrestial TV that is needed, something with trailers and in your face...plus great coverage. One of the reasons that F1 is so popular at the minute (aside from the gadgets) is that the BBC have presented a very good show, something that ITV never managed to pull off.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.