Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm confused.

The other articles describe it as a merger of the two teams.

Typically, in a merger, there's a combination of assets. What physical assets does Gil bring to the merger? The technology Gil's team developed in the ALMS series is not transferable to a spec series.

It almost sounds like Gil is an employee.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gil probably has a shop, transporters, former employees that may need employment, tools, etc.
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    As always, YOUR glass is half empty.

Gary
    Reality seems to upset people.

Falling short of potential is nothing to applaud.

The potential was two teams with 4 cars on the grid.
    What we have is 1 team and 1 car.

No improvement of the number of cars on the grid. No improvement of the number of teams.

Yipeeee?????

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    best of luck to Gil...

but reality is during the final couple years of champcar we saw them chase foriegn sanctiong checks.....roll out an allnew chassis..

and yes .... teams mergeing..

anthony is correct on this..... what was being touted as two teams and four cars early on looks to be taking the grid with 1....
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic
    Gil probably has a shop, transporters, former employees that may need employment, tools, etc.
    but for 1 car?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Reality seems to upset people.

Falling short of potential is nothing to applaud.

The potential was two teams with 4 cars on the grid.
    What we have is 1 team and 1 car.

No improvement of the number of cars on the grid. No improvement of the number of teams.

Yipeeee?????
    No, what folks take issue with is your continued insistence that only you have an understanding of what reality is.

Hmmm, it seems to me that as of a few weeks ago Gil had closed up shop and was done. That was zero potential. Now we have Gil joining forces with another team. Sure if you compare this to last fall when Gil initially announced his intentions (you skewed sense of reality), the glass is half empty. But if you compare it to the REALITY that we had last week, the glass is half full.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    No, what folks take issue with is your continued insistence that only you have an understanding of what reality is.

Hmmm, it seems to me that as of a few weeks ago Gil had closed up shop and was done. That was zero potential. Now we have Gil joining forces with another team. Sure if you compare this to last fall when Gil initially announced his intentions (you skewed sense of reality), the glass is half empty. But if you compare it to the REALITY that we had last week, the glass is half full.

Gary

off season is off season.....

yes its great that Gil will be in the paddock.....but this is far less than even you can spin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Merger? What was there to merger?

Shop? Leased....

Transporter and other equipment? Owned by Honda...

Employees? Gil and Robert Clarke... takes job with former employers son.

Anthony -- there was never an IndyCar team in place -- only a dream.
    I love all racing!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Gil is a great asset to the series. I would much rather have him and some of his crew participating in IndyCar with a potential to add another car next year than not having him in the series at all.

I see Jay, Steve and Gil making a formidable combination in the future. I hope we see Simon in an IndyCar next season too!
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Funny, only Ken, Tony and a few other cranks could see Gil back in the series as a negative. His being involved is the best we can hope for....

He wasn't bringing much but his name and energy, but it is better than him sitting on the sidelines.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".