Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Lee you haven't been paying attention. IRL fans have been cynical of Danica since 2004/5.
    2004/5 the hardcore IRL fans saw a flicker of talent in Danica, and rightfully so after a good run at Indy. Within a year of that, the candle was burning less brightly, and by 2007 she was nothing more than an overly hyped mid-packer on the grid. Short of DanicaFan, there's no forumer on any major IRL board that I have seen adamantly defend her results since then. Vast majority of IRL fans were not only cynical of her, but they were completely annoyed at how the tv broadcasts were dominated by this average driver. If you seriously think the hardcore fans have been cheering her on much since the 2006 season, you don't know much about the IRL fanbase. And I can guarantee you there is NO jealousy coming from these boards of her going to NASCAR.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    No, its to promote Danica.
    Well, nuts to that, too !

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Chad: We all know you are a super Danica fan.
    But the rest of us are not. We do not care what she does off track.
    A lot of posters are fans of one driver or another but we do not post about them all the time.
    For our sakes, and yours, please knock off the constant posting about her daily life.
    Post info about racing. You do know quite a bit but the Danica fixation is just cheesing the rest of us off.
    OK?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With all the people who don't care, it's became a two-page thread overnight. I am not a fan, but I personally find Danica-bashing more pathetic than the Danica-fest.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Her ARCA race scored a 2.3 rating on SPEED, doubled from last year. So even though the forum population does not like her, some people out there do.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    Her ARCA race scored a 2.3 rating on SPEED, doubled from last year. So even though the forum population does not like her, some people out there do.
    Not exactly true...a TON of people are tuning in to watch her fail, myself included. Having said that, it is still a ratings boost. Obviously she isn't that big of a deal or Indycar wouldn't have such small ratings. Those ratings won't rise or climb regardless if she is there or not.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    Are people watching because they like her or for some other reason? A train wreck gets a lot more attention that the train running on time. Will she succeed, or will she fail? Will she take off her clothes again, or will we only see her in a drivers uniform? Is she the "real deal" or is the media making much ado about nothing?

Danica is a story, but what kind of story? The story can have many endings and only a couple are positive.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    With all the people who don't care, it's became a two-page thread overnight. I am not a fan, but I personally find Danica-bashing more pathetic than the Danica-fest.
    read what Easy Drifter posted before you and you'll understand why we are annoyed. I personally don't care if he post about Danica.

Starter, or any other Moderator can you please, make a thread devoted only to Danica so DF doesn't have to post a new thread every time shes gonna be on TV
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Danica....she just isn't messing up one forum, she is messing up TWO...lol
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".