Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    I have the same question for all the designers involved: What are you doing to optimize the aero package so that the cars can run close and pass?
    "Aero evaluation and increased drafting

Central to Lola’s extensive aerodynamic research has been the necessity to guarantee close and exciting racing. Wheel to wheel duels on the variety of circuits that the IZOD IndyCar Series races on will become the norm rather than the exception.

Focusing on the rear under-body of the Lola IndyCar, designers have found a cost effective and simple breakthrough to ensure that there is a minimum wake for following car. This means that drafting and slipstreaming will be in the drivers own hands rather than that of the aerodynamics itself."

It comes as no suprise to me that this is my favorite design so far. Gimme half a dozen lolas, several of the more traditional looking swifts and throw in a couple of the dallara's and we might have something. The IRL needs to follow it's own damn formula from 1996. Multiple chassis suppliers, multiple engine suppliers, controlled guaranteed costs for the chassis, and stock block based engine designs that could be purchased and assembled by engine shops. Adopt a multiple engine formula like grand am. Hell, there are even totally different engines from the same manufacturers in Grand Am. Sure it would be a little more involved with a stressed engine but it can be done. I had no problem with that formula back then, just the management.........
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dallara is still my favorite but this isnt bad either. Anything but that hideous delta wing.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Anything but that hideous delta wing.
    Your just scared Danica is going to get rammed by the Delta Wing over and over again.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    actually these look like realistic race cars... like it or not, but just realistic.

no toy gadget.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The car is nice, definitely better than the ugly delta abomination, but I prefer the Swift.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks similar to the Panoz, with the lower vortex generators of the sidepod looking like evolutions of the previous Lola Champ Car.
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll take the Lola please.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Best design to date with the added bonus of the upgrade package for Lights teams who might want to step up into the bigger league.

However those fiddly aero bits on the front wing and the front of the sidepod are hideous and unnecessary.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What a shame that Elan/Panoz was run into the ground by its former CEO, otherwise we would have a genuine contender for the contract right here in the US (or another contender I should say other than Swift). There's nothing new in these concept sketches that wasn't looked at for the DP01 Champ Car a few years ago.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    It's growing on me. Those venturi tunnels look/will be HUGE!