Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    Yea, Gary, my comment was more a shot at DF then the Delta Wing. The Delta Wing is my preferred car of all the 4 options.
    If the Delta wing is your pick, you just might be the only one on this board. Good on you for looking beyond the weird look and looking to the claims but I am not commiting to any one design until I see them in the reality of a race track or at the very least, a windtunnel.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    If the Delta wing is your pick, you just might be the only one on this board. Good on you for looking beyond the weird look and looking to the claims but I am not commiting to any one design until I see them in the reality of a race track or at the very least, a windtunnel.
    I agree with you Mark, right now, these are only drawings, or at best, a motionless model. At this point in the game, the Delta Wing has won me over, but it may change in the future once wind tunnel testing is done, and variations and modifications are made to the cars.

I think for the Delta Wing LLC group, they have a vested interest in this project which is more then Lola, Dallara, or Swift. I think the thought they have put into it is more then Lola, Swift, and Dallara, in that order.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancvino
    Ban ALL Shark Fins and wing-lets.

I assume the top illustration depicts the speedway trim and lower one is the road race trim.
    I agree, but the shark fins do provide valuable high visibility real estate for sponsors. Formula One is absolutely rediculous this year. The Newey designed Red Bull cars take an otherwise beautiful car and make it look like a gaudy sailfish mount on the wall of a cheap seafood resturant.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I like the New Lola. That said, I would love to see all the contenders on the track, and see them all in the wind tunnel to see the turbulence behind them. Which cars are more aero sensitive? Which ones will give aero push a role in what happens? WE fans can speculate on looking at nice computer drawings all we want, and argue about the merits of till we are either in agreement or not, but it matters little without a real race car undergoing testing. I want to see a concrete piece of race car in testing, and I hope they will will pick the next car for the IRL (preferably take 3) based on something better than artist's conceptions.
    Based on the initial renderings (i.e., looks), I prefer the least radical Swift. The one that looks a lot like the Formula Nippon chassis.

But I do love Lola's concept to provide two different looks and commonality with the Indy Lights.