Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Pics of the new lola

Not seen this mentioned on here...

Must admit, im liking that!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It looks like something out of a video game. I don't like all the aero bits on the car.

I do however like the message behind the car, where team would use the same tub for FIL and IICS.

Still prefer the Delta Wing concept.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    THAT is what an IndyCar should look like. AMAZING. I hope Swift, Lola, and Dallara all build competing chassis. How cool would that be ???

Delta Wing : GO HOME !!!
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ban ALL Shark Fins and wing-lets.

I assume the top illustration depicts the speedway trim and lower one is the road race trim.
    Don't waste your time having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancvino
    Ban ALL Shark Fins and wing-lets.

I assume the top illustration depicts the speedway trim and lower one is the road race trim.
    Nope, they are two different variations that Lola would make available to all teams. This way we would have artificial multiple chassis'...

I agree, the lesser aero bits the better.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nice. i like the fact that indy lights teams would be able to buy a kit and convert their cars for the indy 500 or for the whole series - good thinking. the indy light cars are rubbish and seam to have been forgotten about in this whole debate.

I like the swift/lola cars following by daylight then the dallera (which will get the nod - mark my words). not sure where the bat mobile sits in this thing - i like what they are trying to acheive but i'm just not sure.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I reckon that looks like an indycar and far better than the current dallara... I hope they go for something like this rather than that crazy deltawing car too.
    Q: Juan, can you explain your gesture on the last lap to Michael?
    JPM: I just said ‘what happened, what were you thinking’. That’s all.
    MS: I thought you were congratulating me.
    JPM: I never do actually.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    THat was from Lola?!

Surely they gave the design brief to Coventry Uni graduates?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have the same question for all the designers involved: What are you doing to optimize the aero package so that the cars can run close and pass?
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's the text from their announcement. So far I have to say Lola is my favorite design. It seems to solve several problems by having two different body styles, and having commonality with Lights cars will decrease costs across the board because of economy of scale, as well as making it easier for FIL teams to step up for Indy, or any other race that's important to them.

Lola Indycar - Visual Variations
    At the heart of Lola’s proposal is the dual body style concept developed extensively by Lola engineers. This work has already received very positive comments from the IndyCar fan fraternity. This concept will give exciting visual variety to the IZOD IndyCar grid and stimulate teams, drivers and fans alike.
    The two styles highlighted in the image (right) will be performance matched but use the same common chassis. Parity in aero performance will be maintained across the ride height range to ensure that no advantage is gained by either kit. Both styles of cars can be raced without technical advantage and with different engines. Common parts throughout will enable teams to switch upper surface styles should they choose to do so.
    Work continues within Lola on futuristic designs to continue to challenge thinking and for sure to become more acceptable in better economic times.
    IndyCar/Indy Lights Commonality
    The Lola chassis for IndyCar will achieve cohesion by being eligible for the Firestone Indy Lights Championship. This will in essence mean that Indy Lights teams will be able to graduate more cost effectively to the IZOD Indycar Series and teams will find it more commercially attractive to enter cars in each series and to entice new entries in to competition.
    In addition, the ease of changing the car specifications from one series to the other will ensure high quality and full entries for the Indy 500.
    Read the rest: http://www.lolacars.com/newsstory.asp?NewsId=189