Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PT on Twitter

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    I'm talking about build quality. All the parts fit on the Dallaras right out of the box (at least according to the few guys I've talked to but that may not be a complete representative sample). Just the opposite as the DP01. You seem to be talking about the speed which I'll agree does evolve. But the fit and finnish comes from the attention to detail while making molds for the parts.
    Dallara does apparently build a good car from anything I had read, but PT's reference to the DP01's somewhat haphazard fit and finish is one of the first things I had read about it.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Dallara does apparently build a good car from anything I had read, but PT's reference to the DP01's somewhat haphazard fit and finish is one of the first things I had read about it.
    I know a few guys "on the inside", not as many as a lot of the guys here by any means. But enough to have heard the grumbling from the mechanics. That's not really something you want to go blabbing to the press about. You never know when you might need or want Panoz's help, so why burn that bridge? A lesson PT has, obviously, NEVER learned.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If PT has learned that lesson he would have shut up just like everyone else gets forgotten as soon as he's not driving. That's what makes PT, what makes this thread.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What is lost from the past that made racing interesting are the colorful personalities surrounding racing. PT fits that mold.

Love him or hate him, PT is "old school" and says what he thinks. That may have burned a few bridges along the way, but it is refreshing in today's age when everything must be toned down and politically correct. We are left with dull drivers that say all of the "right" things. I would prefer more characters like PT.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    What is lost from the past that made racing interesting are the colorful personalities surrounding racing. PT fits that mold.

Love him or hate him, PT is "old school" and says what he thinks. That may have burned a few bridges along the way, but it is refreshing in today's age when everything must be toned down and politically correct. We are left with dull drivers that say all of the "right" things. I would prefer more characters like PT.
    Quite frankly, I like the guys that say what they think too. On that I actually respect PT, although I don't like him. But I just think that if he was serious about getting a ride, he'd learn to "play the game". Also, his fans that always defend him become a bit tiresome when they don't realize that "playing the game" is part of the sport. For better or worse, and yes it's probably for the worse. But it is what it is.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Even NASCAR is finding that people want to hear the drivers REAL personalities, not the sanitized, censored, non confrontational party line speak. Rivalries are what really fuels the intense interest in all sports, and bitter rivalries are the most intense. No-one cares about a friendly rivalry. Look at what really kicked off national interest in the Daytona 500- an infield fisticuffs between two legends that really just couldn't stand each other and weren't afraid to show or say it. PT kicking Tag's a$$ at San Jose was classic. I wish he had taken a few swings at Bourdais while he was at it.....
    HINCHTOWN!!