Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Follow Swedish Rally

Does anyone know is the a possibility to follow the rally LIVE via Internet like it was in MC Rally?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    That my friend is wishfull thinking...... Sweden is WRC and 'run' by North One and Monte was IRC and 'run' by Eurosport.

Only thing is to listen live to rallyradio and stay on this forum for more news as it happens.

So no live pictures from the stages if and now that WRC is NOT on Eurosport anymore, where are we going see the daily report now ?
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProRally
    That my friend is wishfull thinking...... Sweden is WRC and 'run' by North One and Monte was IRC and 'run' by Eurosport.

Only thing is to listen live to rallyradio and stay on this forum for more news as it happens.

So no live pictures from the stages if and now that WRC is NOT on Eurosport anymore, where are we going see the daily report now ?
    Motors TV

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    acctualy you have live incam from all the rally here
    (just one their car)

http://www.ramonarallying.com/
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Amazing that people think there will be wall-to-wall live coverage. There NEVER has been - yet about 5 threads have cropped up about it. Clearly the casuals are confused about the Monte/WRC thing.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    Amazing that people think there will be wall-to-wall live coverage. There NEVER has been - yet about 5 threads have cropped up about it. Clearly the casuals are confused about the Monte/WRC thing.
    The Monte showed just what is possible. While I don't expect that kind of coverage, certainly, I'd hope next year that the first proper stage of the WRC is Live. Whether that is TV/Internet, who knows??
    In this day and age, Manufacturers want maximum exposure for their investment. That means Live coverage - as this is Rallying and that isn't logistically possible - some Live coverage is the answer.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Streaming

They have said that WRC is perfect for streaming on the internet, and I agree, but dont see any trials on that apart from Ramona, and Sandell that tried out this last year, using the Nordic based ICE.net mobile phone/broadband as the bearer.

Would be perfect, you could choose the stream you prefer, and have either the codriver or rallyradio as sound.

Hopefully we will see some trials later this year !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    They have said that WRC is perfect for streaming on the internet, and I agree, but dont see any trials on that apart from Ramona, and Sandell that tried out this last year, using the Nordic based ICE.net mobile phone/broadband as the bearer.

Would be perfect, you could choose the stream you prefer, and have either the codriver or rallyradio as sound.

Hopefully we will see some trials later this year !
    Don't wanna take cred here - but to get things right the first evolution of this with ICE.net (then the company was under the name NMT) was actually made in 2008 by ICE.net, Daniel Carlsson and me with help from Arne at Jemba (http://www.jemba.se). We aimed to use it during the Swedish Championship part of the Swedish Rally in 2008, but since the rally was cancelled it was just used during a press launch.

However, we did it successfully and it was also mentioned in quite a few papers etc. The tech was quite simple but it still became a somewhat complex system consisting of NMT-450 routers, a GPS connected to a minimal serial-to-IP converter and a pro-level web camera with built-in streaming server mounted into the car and connected to the modem. The whole thing was used to update an XML file on a server that we used in a Flash based interface to display video and a Google Map with position data. (I put the idea of the architechture together along with the engineers at ICE.net and I programmed all the UI parts and parts of the data feeding, that's why I know )

Today they seem to build on the same basis, but for sure (or hopefully) they have made performance and reliability improvements. IMO this type of services is the future. The big problem isn't the tech I've described here itself - but the networks, coverage and deals with operators. To cover WRC with the same technology you would need to secure the infrastructure in each and every country and deals with operators - and that's a HUGE problem. I guess that's why it hasn't been done in a larger scale, because I guess everyone knows that this is what the fans want...
    for fun? never! sports are serious stuff.
    my wrc/irc/rally blog: http://www.maxattack.net

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    But for North One to buy the technology needed to get coverage in those limited areas where the special stages are run, should be achievable also from a economical point of view.

If they make it work, I am sure they can sell a package to a lot of national championships for them to be able top stream and give live split times !

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman
    Don't wanna take cred here - but to get things right the first evolution of this with ICE.net (then the company was under the name NMT) was actually made in 2008 by ICE.net, Daniel Carlsson and me with help from Arne at Jemba (http://www.jemba.se). We aimed to use it during the Swedish Championship part of the Swedish Rally in 2008, but since the rally was cancelled it was just used during a press launch.

However, we did it successfully and it was also mentioned in quite a few papers etc. The tech was quite simple but it still became a somewhat complex system consisting of NMT-450 routers, a GPS connected to a minimal serial-to-IP converter and a pro-level web camera with built-in streaming server mounted into the car and connected to the modem. The whole thing was used to update an XML file on a server that we used in a Flash based interface to display video and a Google Map with position data. (I put the idea of the architechture together along with the engineers at ICE.net and I programmed all the UI parts and parts of the data feeding, that's why I know )

Today they seem to build on the same basis, but for sure (or hopefully) they have made performance and reliability improvements. IMO this type of services is the future. The big problem isn't the tech I've described here itself - but the networks, coverage and deals with operators. To cover WRC with the same technology you would need to secure the infrastructure in each and every country and deals with operators - and that's a HUGE problem. I guess that's why it hasn't been done in a larger scale, because I guess everyone knows that this is what the fans want...
    Yes, i remember this. I looked cool already then
    But as we all now the mobile connection many times seems to "suffer" from all the traffic during big events likes this. ?
    Can that make these things harder to work?
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert