Welcome to FGP for 2010! I hope this season will be a success and I have an announcement that should help everyone keep updated on FGP as the season progresses.

For those who are new to fantasy grand prix here is a brief synopsis of how it works:

You are the owner of a Formula One team with a budget of £48,000,000 for the 2010 season. To complete your team, you need to pick three drivers (two official drivers and a 3rd driver), a chassis and an engine. You must also pick a bonus GP which will score double points for your team at that race.

Points are awarded throughout the race weekend and are detailed below.

Only the first chassis and engine that crosses the line scores points for your team. Chassis scores are 1st-10th: 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1. Engine scores are 1st-4th: 25-18-15-12.
Drivers points are the same as the chassis scores with two extras:
The pole position is rewarded with 2 extra points for the driver who obtains it. The fastest lap is rewarded with 1 extra point.

A race disqualification loses you all points for the disqualified driver/chassis/engine for that race weekend.

Whoever scores the most points wins the GP. I then total the points throughout the season and the team with the most points wins!

Once complete please choose a name for your team and then post your entry on the forum.

I also have an exciting announcement for this season:

We finally have a working website! (yay! ). Please point your browsers here: http://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/

To find the price list and the complete rules please visit the website. If you look around you will notice the results from last season’s grand prix’s. These will be up until the start of the GP weekend in Bahrain, at which time I will erase them in order to make way for the 2010 season.

You have until the end of March 10th, 2010 to submit your team.
Good luck everyone!