Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool Cup and Nationwide Pickems-General info

Stan, please do me a favor and "sticky" this thread.

I work a rotating shift schedule, so I work 2 weeks of nights, and 2 weeks of days, and work every other weekend. On the weekends I work I DVR the practices, quals, and races. On the weekends I work nights, I end up watching everything on Monday and Tuesday.

I know,I know,your thinking "What does this mean to me?"

That means that every fourth week the results won't be posted on here until sometime late Tuesday night or early Wednesday Morning. That would have been the case this coming weekend, but I always take my vacation Daytona 500 weekend (which for me started as of 6am this morning )

I will make every attempt to post the following Pickem thread
    the Thursday before the current race during the weeks that happens (so for example, If I had to work this weekend the California thread would have been posted tomorrow).

If for any reason you come here and don't see the current results or the next thread by Monday afternoon, will someone PLEASE start the next race thread for me?

Thanks in advance, and lets have a Great Year
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool Minor Rules Change for all 3 Series Pick-ems

After conferring with MD24, we have decided to make a minor rules change in all three Nascar pick-ems:

We have decided that in order to make it easier for all involved, that we will allow picks for Bonus Points all the way up to the start of Qualifying and doing away with the practice deadline.

Additionally we will accept picks for regular points all the way up to the published green flag time of the race itself.

These rules changes are to take effect IMMEDIATELY.

Thank you all for your participation and support
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you guys!
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool Just so everyone is aware

This weekend coming up is one of those weekends that I mentioned in the first thread. Judging from the amount of practice and race coverage I have set on my DVR, it will be sometime on Tuesday before I score the pickems. If I can somehow get off of work a little early Monday Morning, then I may get everything scored Monday afternoon

WE SHALL SEE!!!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool Just about 5 weeks away from racing: 1 Rule Change for 2011

There is just a little over a month away to the start of the 2011 season. It looks like I will be doing all 3 series manual pickems this year as well as the automated ones on the front page. I have a bunch of set up work to do over there this later this month but I will open the threads for the 3 series Daytona Pickems sometime the week after the Rolex 24 hour race.

Since I'm gonna have to keep up with all three, and with my crazy work schedule, I feel the need to do away with all the "deadline rules" except one:

All picks must be in before the drop of the green flag of the race, and Bonus points will be available all the way until race time. As I found out twoards the end of last year I was just too busy to keep up with the qualifying deadline. 1 member was kind enough to dime himself out when I erroneously awarded him bonus points as he had made his picks after qualifying. I didn't see his message until after I had tabulated the points for the following race, so I made the decision to let it slide since it was my fault anyway.

SO remember that this year you have all the way to the drop of the green flag (well the published start time of the race, anyway).

Try to get more of your friends involved in picking. I started to get really bored around midseason when we only had 4 or 5 people picking.....

Thanks to those of you who are here year in and year out and keep this place going.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for keeping the games going, slo.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We [I] Appreciate all you,ve done and are willing to preform for our entertainment. Now lets go racin
    This is the beguining of the next fifty years. heres where i see how much i learned.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

I just got everything scored up and done for this week....Tooo tired to do all that typing now but I will have it up for y'all when I come back online tomorrow....I didn't win anything this week, darn it :

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Exclamation Just to Let You Know for Next Year

I've been thinking hard about this. I just don't have the time I thought I was going to have to keep up with all this. I have too many things going on at work, which puts me behind in my race viewing, which then puts me behind in scoring the pick-ems, etc.

I just dont want to find out what happened in a race until I get a chance to watch it. Sometimes I dont get the race watched until Monday, or even Tuesday in some instances. So then I finally get everything watched, get in a hurry and make mistakes scoring-or in Sparky's case in the last Nationwide race, score it correctly but then post the wrong results from the wrong race (AT LEAST I WAS AT THE RIGHT TRACK, LOL)

SO I'm gonna have to give up doing the pickems next year, y'all deserve better than I can give you right now.

I'm going to continue to do the automated pickems on the main page-those are so easy to do I can get my 12 year old to score em for me if I get behind, lol.
    I'm also gonna keep up with all the stats and stuff I do on the main forum. I can still do that at my leisure, and judging from the lack of responses there, its not a big deal if I get behind in that. The threads are getting enough views to keep that up even if no one says anything.

But the pick-ems are a competition, and y'all deserve better than waiting until Wednesday to get screwed up results that dont get fixed until Thursday, or having to wait until Thursday nite-Friday Morning to make your picks for the next race.

So please-someone (or multiple someone's) are gonna hafta pick up all 3 series in the manual pick-ems next year.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Just a quick Note: I have been a little under the weather this week, having had some minor oral surgery. Today has been the first day I have felt halfway decent this week (imagine that, I have to go to work tonite!) Im working on scoring last weeks stuff now, and will post the results when I post this weeks stuff Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for your understanding.