Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    I found Danica's comments after the race, very telling.

Basically, it was "this stock car stuff is HARD and these drivers I am racing with now are REALLY good."

She had the sound of someone who knows what an extreme uphill climb this is going to be.
    Her comments were actually pretty similar to most of the OW guys when they started. JPM has on many occasions talked about the difficult transition to NASCAR. Last year, when commenting on how Danica may do in NASCAR, he also said: "A top-five here is like three wins in Indy car or something like that."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="Scotty G."]Allgaier is the REAL deal.

With another solid season in Nationwide, he is also going to be putting serious heat on Mr. Hornish for that #77 seat in Cup. If Sam stumbles along with another ho-hum 25th place points finish, it might be time for Mobil 1 to end this "experiment". The replacement, is already warming up in the bullpen.

I'll be watching him a little more. he showed good composure as harvick and Edwards came roaring past on the last lap. He really got my attention.

Anybody catch the beguining to the prerace show for todays 500. funny and cool.
    Tony and Kyle cracked me up. Brad K. explains himself in a few.
    This is the beguining of the next fifty years. heres where i see how much i learned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mileman
    Her comments were actually pretty similar to most of the OW guys when they started.

Except most of those OW guys were really talented drivers.

I think Dave Despain summed up the DP situation pretty nicely tonight both on his TV show and the web program afterward.

And I agree with him....Janet Guthrie was a more accomplished race driver and did it with CLASS and DIGNITY in the process. 2 words that are not in DP's vocab.