Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They certainly must be joking. 2 skinny tires set close together just doesn't look like the hot set up for anything with turns. Can you spell "understeer"? Indy isn't Bonneville.

Dumbest race car design I have ever seen for anything with turns. It looks like a single seater sidecar. They must REALLY want to kill open wheel racing.

But if the tarp is any indication, the actual mockup has a much shorter wheelbase and much wider front track. Perhaps some sanity prevailed.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This it "it"???
    this rendering is massvie bull.

if GR really thinks this rejuvinates something he should be banned from open wheel (go figure..) for life. sorry.

this looks like a crossbreed from a F-106 with a Top Fuel... each in itself quite awe aspiring but this "contraption" is a waste...of everything.

so i strongly believe that under the red sheed is something more evolved than the rendering. just has to be. If this is going to be indycar, i will leave for good.

thats me always saying it is not the cars but the drivers that make or break success... in this case I would make an exception.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for posting the "red car cover" photo. I didn't realize the car was going to be publicly revealed this week. Given how unattractive and/or impractical the previously posted Dallara deisgns/renderings have been, I'm curious about what the full-size mock up will look like.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    We don't know much more than we did before. The pic that we did see of the narrow arrow car was just a red herring I suspect. No one serious would put that thing anywhere but Bonneville....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I posted the exact thing on another forum....

plus.....picture the tracy/helio melee at toronto last year.... no way that car is racy in the same fashion...

mix in young rahals comments via twitter.....i just dont see a racer who has literally spent his entire life in AOWR lokking at that car and making the statement he did...

You are making a HUGE assumption that the designs he saw were the same as those pictures. There is no way that those pictures are the Delta Wing design. Someone is having a really good laugh that a bunch of suckers actually fell for the joke.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I didn't Gary....and I doubt anyone who was really honest would either...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I didn't Gary....and I doubt anyone who was really honest would either...

I think you are right, but with all the hubub raised in this thread it APPEARS folks are talking those renderings seriously.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    No effin way that design would ever get the green light for any type of circuit race car. Of course they did hire a bullrider to run the show, so there's plenty of bull being flung around. I hear they are trying to decide who's gonna be the next series spokeperson, Gary Breedlove or Art Arfons.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Delta Wing Website and Countdown

In the photo on this site, you can easily see the wheel base is much wider then those so apparent computer generated images.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Speed says that is really the car - it's hideous.