Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is a quote from Graham's twitter account:

GrahamRahal: Had a great dinner with the designers of the new delta wing indycar! Saw the design, this will without a doubt be what rejuvenates indycar!
    Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't thnk that's it ....look at the mockup that's covered with the red drape.... Clearly there are two front tires seperTed from the chassis

And interesting that young Rahal is having dinner with folks from gannasi racing.....
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I don't thnk that's it ....look at the mockup that's covered with the red drape.... Clearly there are two front tires seperTed from the chassis

And interesting that young Rahal is having dinner with folks from gannasi racing.....
    While I do hope so, if you look at the lines around the rear wheels are pretty close to that the tarp shows, so I am betting it is not far off
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also think it's close .... But not quit

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hard to be sure of a hell of a lot with that big red tarp over it, particularly since there are clearly brackets or stands that are there and not part of the car at all. That said, the right 2/3rds of the car does look a lot like the CG models shown. And as far as the CG mockups, I like them. Kind of funny to me how they were apparently told "3 wheels is not a racecar", so they just said "fine", and took that front wheel and split it into 2 wheels just ever so slightly apart. It's a cool looking car that, while it may be full of engineering issues I as a layman am not aware of, I think it has a fresh and powerful design to it that would appeal to a casual racing fan.

As far as Rahal/Ganassi, I find it hard to believe that he's not in the process of working some deal out with them. He was in Minnesota (home of Target) last month for a "corporate business meeting" that he denied was Target. And now he was specifically invited by someone inside Bowlby/TCG to get an early view of the Delta design today, and will probably be there for the unveiling tomorrow. Someone earlier said RLR could come back. I can imagine Graham doing regular series races with RLR, and Indy and a race or two with TCG. Hard to turn that down.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    idk how I get so lost but first thing I heard of this delta wing thing was on Grahams twitter. Is a new wing that will be on all cars this year?

How is this delta wing stuff tied to TCG?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With that short front axle, how in the world is that thing gonna get through a tight hairpin ?
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    With that short front axle, how in the world is that thing gonna get through a tight hairpin ?

I posted the exact thing on another forum....

plus.....picture the tracy/helio melee at toronto last year.... no way that car is racy in the same fashion...

mix in young rahals comments via twitter.....i just dont see a racer who has literally spent his entire life in AOWR lokking at that car and making the statement he did...

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Well, 3-point turns around hairpins will prove interesting.