Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Swift's Proposals

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=e502022a11

I like these a lot better. IMO, all of these look like RACE cars.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The one looks like the batmobile...
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    DF, the one does..but the proportions of all the models are RIGHT. It LOOKS like an Indycar...long, mean and fast.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Other than the concept car #3, I like Dallara's chassis better than Swift.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And again I really like the idea of the added body work in front of all the wheels. And I like this for two reasons. First it will make the cars much safer since it will be much less likely to launch. Second I think it will make the cars MUCH more competitive on narrower road courses like MidOhio. Drivers there remember all too well Michael Andretti's tumble into the "kitty litter" at the end of the back straight. With this sort of body work that fear will be gone and we would get to see the sort of rubbin' that the fendered cars do at that great track. I think it will make a huge difference.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    If you want rubbing watch Nascar...it's called open wheel racing for a reason.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Agree with you, Gary. Conceivably, one chassis could be better on ovals, the other on road courses. It happened with G Force and Dallara in the early days of the IRL, before Panoz fell off the map.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    Agree with you, Gary. Conceivably, one chassis could be better on ovals, the other on road courses. It happened with G Force and Dallara in the early days of the IRL, before Panoz fell off the map.
    Of course, that was the case with the Panoz and Dallara, but much of that could be attributed to the fact those cars were designed for turning left over and over. Now we have designers building cars that are designed to do both.

Of course, there will be one that is better then the other in the long run, but I think these chassis' could be built pretty closely.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Interesting, when I found a link on a blog to 16th and Georgetown (yet another blog) they had a poll on the Swift vs Dallara. 268 votes cast when I voted, and Swift was 82% favourite. The public has voted I think....which means of course Dallara will be sole sourced because the IRL never learned one thing in the last 16 year about listening to the general public....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    If you want rubbing watch Nascar...it's called open wheel racing for a reason.
    Hmmm, ever been to an ALMS, Grand-Am, SCCA event? There is a lot of rubbin' there as well. I think even more than you see in the taxicabs.

So, tell me, what's wrong with making it safer for the drivers to run side by side without having to worry about interlocking tires and launching. At one time F1 had body work in front of the front wheels and folks had no trouble still calling them open wheel. So what is so different with this concept?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.