Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lola also submit chassis proposal

While it looks like Dallara has a lock on the new chassis they're all putting their proposals out there. Lola hasn't provided any pictures yet they do have an interesting idea that I haven't heard anyone else provide

At the heart of Lola's presentation to the IRL Board was a carefully considered modern dual body style approach. This concept will provide two ready-to-race, aero-performance balanced Indy cars that could compete even safer side by side and very close behind one another on all circuits. This would provide a unique focus for drivers, teams and fans alike without technical compromise or advantage and, in addition, would accommodate a dual engine supply situation if required.
    Because of cost concerns there isn't going to be multiple chassis manufacturers, and more than likely going to be multiple engine manufacturers either, so this seems to me like a reasonable solution; one manufacturer with aero-equal body styles. That way you have some competition, different looking race cars, and less spec racing while keeping costs down.

http://www.lolacars.com/newsstory.asp?NewsId=185

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Oh yippee an IRL COT.....

I still haven't seen the Lolas but there is a pic of the Swift proposal.

They all look too Speed Racer-ish to me. Will they all come with neon underglow and 500 lb of nitrous....

Why can't we just get a good raceable open wheel chassis.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just add 30K or 40K to each chassis and let all the manufacturers play!
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the look of the Swift concept they're submitting to the IRL. Found a bunch of links on this and the sites that had polls had the Swift as the winner in look/design. Some designs look different because apparently, depending on the type of track, the car will have a different body.

http://www.racer.com/swift-reveals-i...rticle/163343/

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/mod...cle&sid=127761

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One thing that seems apparent from all the proposals, no giant air box sails, next generation engine is going to be turbocharged. Yeah baby.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the swiftlights would be sort of cool for everything but the position color, theres really no point to it, except maybe on the road courses (much like the ALMS/LMS does with the 3 lights for each class)

but on ovals, you have a big scoring tower and you can see the where everyone is on the track as well.

I'd say the only real thing that would bring back good racing to the IRL is to have the cars go fast enough on the ovals to force the drivers to use the brake pedals, then we will get back to solid racing, when everyone runs full throttle around the track, you can't do much
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nick, I was under the impression that Swift had submitted two seperate designs. I thought those two chassis' that looked different were actually seperate chassis', not different aero pieces for specific tracks. I could well be wrong.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Lola has some great ideas...but I would like to see more than just ideas in words..

The Swiftcar would be a welcome change...and the lights on the cars showing throttle and brakes would be awesome to watch...you could visually see on a road course a profile shot of a guy outbraking another one coming into a corner....one car on the brakes early, and the other one a half second later putting the brakes on to complete the pass.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Swift is really on to something with this whole idea of indicator lights. It does get us back to more of watching the driver drive the car. Unlike the current cars that are so stuck to the track that to the spectators it almost appears that the driver is no more than a passenger. It begins to adddress the issue that some of us want to solve via much less downforce, more HP and harder tires. Combine ALL of these and I think the fan appreciation for what is going on inside the car would go way up.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    I think Swift is really on to something with this whole idea of indicator lights. It does get us back to more of watching the driver drive the car. Unlike the current cars that are so stuck to the track that to the spectators it almost appears that the driver is no more than a passenger. It begins to adddress the issue that some of us want to solve via much less downforce, more HP and harder tires. Combine ALL of these and I think the fan appreciation for what is going on inside the car would go way up.

Gary
    It will always come back to taking away comfort from the drivers. Cars that skate all over and are obviously hard to drive to us fans in the stands will help. Good racing will help. A good looking car is even better. Right now...we have none of those three with the current car.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".