Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    It's funny that third place is worth relatively more in the new system.
    25/2.5=10
    18/2.5=7.2
    15/2.5=6
    12/2.5=4.8
    10/2.5=4

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    The most interesting thing is that positions from spot nr 6 are rewarded very highly. So, getting many points with superally becomes big problem.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This scoring system is pretty bad IMO. I like how rewarding it is to win, but second place really gets shafted. It'd be much better even if 2nd got 19 instead of 18.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serial jeff
    This scoring system is pretty bad IMO. I like how rewarding it is to win, but second place really gets shafted. It'd be much better even if 2nd got 19 instead of 18.
    yeah but it might be an incentive for Mikko to push during the second and third day not just match the pace to keep 2nd.

I dont like the fact that Slowson, Block, Villagra, Kimi will get that many points when they come back after super rally. I hope S2000 competitors are fast enough so those WRC's that come back after super rally dont have chances of getting so many points.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    I can predict Mikko crashing alot more this year on tarmac events like Spain, because loosing 7 points to the winner if he gets second place is almost like loosing the championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think is REALLY good news! I don't really want Loeb to win, but if he does, then fair play to him! And with points going down to 10th we'll see more privateers and Production/ S2000 cars in the points - which has got to be good for them and their sponsors!

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    But if loeb retires and Hirvonen wins, Loeb will loose 25 point and possibly his championship lead in just one rally!

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    It doesn't matter if You loose 25 from 200 or 10 from 80 (both 8 wins). What matters is that in new system You need less than 4 victories to get those lost points back and in previous system You need 5 victories (in case Your opponent is always second).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Rautenbach should have 36 points instead of 9 last year.

I don't understand why the top 10 can score points now. In 2001 you could score points when you were in the top 6, now with very poor entry lists the driver can score points when he is in the top 10. Very strange.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    Rautenbach should have 36 points instead of 9 last year.

I don't understand why the top 10 can score points now. In 2001 you could score points when you were in the top 6, now with very poor entry lists the driver can score points when he is in the top 10. Very strange.
    and your point???

To a sponsor points can often prove justification that your investment is paying off - and with less and less manufacturer rides out there, we need more sponsors willing to invest the kind of money required to do the WRC!