Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    That is huge, huge news for me. That means Loeb will run away with the title as he will win so many rounds. It also (sadly) puts an end to any lingering hope I had of Petter winning - there is no chance a driver who only wins 1 or 2 events could win the title in this format.

For better or worse - it's hard to say.
    What's wrong if Loeb runs away with the Title? He is the best after all, the last 2 years have seen him not get away despite winning most of the Rallies, (especially in 2008). Mikko can no longer settle for safe 2nd/3rd places, he's got to go for it!! The driver who gets the most wins deserves the Title.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with it and I agree with you Andy. Just predicting what will happen, and the effect of this new system.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennizw
    By the way, you can access to this news only via this link. It wont appear under news section..???
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Richard Burns and Carlos Sainz always used to go for points rather than wins but I think that no WRC driver does that now.
    Are you sure? That Carlos sure clocked up a lot of wins for a bloke who always went only for points.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101...nts+allocation

Yup - new points system!

Thank god they didn't change it to scoring points on each Day!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    At first look it gives an image that Loeb would have an easier run for 7th title, but like said, it ain't that simple.

If Mikko will improve his attack so that he'll be winning where he should be (last year Norway, Portugal, GB at least should have been possible), so then this new points system won't give too much advantage for Loeb. You know, win some, loose some.

Also, if - and only if - Petter, JML and Dani could take victories this points system would turn out even more thrilling.

But it's all ifs - if Loeb will win all the rounds (which he won't) it doesn't matter how much the points difference is to runner-ups. Also - if you DNF, it's possibly minus 25 points and that makes a huge difference also. In the same sense, this new system will perhaps give too much points for those that continue under super rally rule.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The change In points system Is really great news...
    Nice to see FIA took under consideration drivers and wrc fans feedback!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah maybe but then again its a bit like going back to gr.A era when drivers were awarded 20 points from a win and so on. I dont see it as a too good change. On those days,some of the fans were already unhappy because drivers didn´t wanted to attack in fear of losing too many important points for the championship and decided to save their cars and just driven to an end even when the gap was in 15 seconds, manufacturers given orders to secure the place and the upcoming points. So why it would change now?

I just afraid that all this reducing of costs including the new point system will freeze the competition during the rally. On events what runs from thursday to saturday it won´t have such a huge effect but on rallyes what runs on old format from thursday or friday to sunday it will surely do something and sunday will be even meaningless.

Its a good thing that the value of winning has been increased but by my mind it could been done even by giving 12 points to the winner example. If the champion is crowned earlier and he is the fastest guy its truly ok. Then again does WRC really need top10 to collect points? I would say no. Ok a good change to privateers but collecting points should be challenging in WRC. Not with the way that you have a WRC car but will be heavily outpaced... or even a gr.N or JWRC car on some events can be good enough.
    Schlesser-Aventures

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    At first look it gives an image that Loeb would have an easier run for 7th title, but like said, it ain't that simple.

If Mikko will improve his attack so that he'll be winning where he should be (last year Norway, Portugal, GB at least should have been possible), so then this new points system won't give too much advantage for Loeb. You know, win some, loose some.

Also, if - and only if - Petter, JML and Dani could take victories this points system would turn out even more thrilling.
    The thing is that if Miko (or any other driver) will step up the pace to try and match Loeb, he will be more prone to make a mistake.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwalker
    The thing is that if Miko (or any other driver) will step up the pace to try and match Loeb, he will be more prone to make a mistake.
    Offcourse but that makes Loeb do drive faster and feel pressure too, and prone to make mistakes.
    Aja kovaa Pena.