Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]I agree, victory should be something special and properly rewarded. Thinking about it as bad because it makes Loeb's life easyier is biased. It's not a question of Loeb but a question of making victory worth fighting.
    agree, if someone is good, he should be allowed to be, not to try to make other look better artificial way.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]I agree, victory should be something special and properly rewarded. Thinking about it as bad because it makes Loeb's life easyier is biased. It's not a question of Loeb but a question of making victory worth fighting.
    +1
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    As far as I'm concerned 2008 was rather silly - Loeb won 10-11 Rallies, more than double the amount Mikko won, yet he only won the Title on the penultimate round. This clearly is ridiculous - and artificially keeps the series alive. There should be a 5 point difference between 1st and 2nd.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    The FIA invited today by fax heads of teams involved in the World Rally Championship, to advise on a possible change in the grading system in the WRC, which may become effective since the opening race of the competition, the Rally of Sweden, which As we know, goes Thursday to the road. As has been done to Formula 1 the 'proposal' is a score until the tenth ranked, with the same system agreed for the World of F1 2010.

Officials from several teams now have their say until 17:00 tomorrow, Tuesday, and the final decision will be announced on Wednesday. How can you calculate, for the rule becomes effective, all competitors must unanimously agree on the amendment. The proposals relate to all competitions in the FIA World Rally: WRC, PWRC, SWRC and JWRC.
    Lol, that looks like Eurovision! Televoting from all the parts... make a call or send an sms!

Wasnt so difficult to discuss it at the Motor Sport Council?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    As far as I'm concerned 2008 was rather silly - Loeb won 10-11 Rallies, more than double the amount Mikko won, yet he only won the Title on the penultimate round. This clearly is ridiculous - and artificially keeps the series alive. There should be a 5 point difference between 1st and 2nd.
    110% agree.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Any news or hearsays how this turned out? It's comfirmed tomorrow, but deadline was today, right?
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    i think a points system should aim at pushing drivers to win events and benefiting winners rather than sick kids in order to keep it close.
    Everyone who wins a WRC event is worthy IMO.
    Loeb wins almost all the events despite Hirvonen pushing hard.

Richard Burns and Carlos Sainz always used to go for points rather than wins but I think that no WRC driver does that now.

I think the top 16 drivers should score points.

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    That is huge, huge news for me. That means Loeb will run away with the title as he will win so many rounds. It also (sadly) puts an end to any lingering hope I had of Petter winning - there is no chance a driver who only wins 1 or 2 events could win the title in this format.

For better or worse - it's hard to say.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennizw
    Yeah, bit funny system.
    this system gives slightly bigger advantage to winner and much bigger advantage to drivers who finish below 6th place. If you look last year results then 9 points difference between Hirvonen and Loeb was halfly thanks to Loebs 7th place superally finish in Poland. So, dont count anyone down.
    1. 10*2.5=25
    2. 8*2.25=18
    3. 6*2.5=15
    4. 5*2.4=12
    5. 4*2.5=10
    6. 3*2.67=8
    7. 2*3=6
    8. 1*4=4

So, nearly no change at the top but big changes on the lower places.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas