Yeah maybe but then again its a bit like going back to gr.A era when drivers were awarded 20 points from a win and so on. I dont see it as a too good change. On those days,some of the fans were already unhappy because drivers didn´t wanted to attack in fear of losing too many important points for the championship and decided to save their cars and just driven to an end even when the gap was in 15 seconds, manufacturers given orders to secure the place and the upcoming points. So why it would change now?

I just afraid that all this reducing of costs including the new point system will freeze the competition during the rally. On events what runs from thursday to saturday it won´t have such a huge effect but on rallyes what runs on old format from thursday or friday to sunday it will surely do something and sunday will be even meaningless.

Its a good thing that the value of winning has been increased but by my mind it could been done even by giving 12 points to the winner example. If the champion is crowned earlier and he is the fastest guy its truly ok. Then again does WRC really need top10 to collect points? I would say no. Ok a good change to privateers but collecting points should be challenging in WRC. Not with the way that you have a WRC car but will be heavily outpaced... or even a gr.N or JWRC car on some events can be good enough.