Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Pleading Ignorance here, but is it actually illegal if the league is a 100% privately held company? Dallara has been good to the league, even if it is guilty time and time again for designing the ugliest racing cars on earth.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    I thought that if Dallara wins the contract they will open a new factory in the US.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The IRL is privately held. NASCAR is privately held. G Force/Panoz/Eln is privately held. Swift is privately held. Makes no difference.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    That's what I've read.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    First of all, it's Bowlby.

Second, Barnhart getting a kickback is ridiculous.

Third, Ken Anderson was a top-flight engineer. Still is. He gave us the Falcon. The Bowlby design has never been built, tested or run anywhere. This is a time for evolution, not revolution.
    IC...GLAD to see you back friend....Been a while and I wondered whether I should message you or not.

I agree with all but the last bit...I think the evolution has to be a drastic revolution perhaps. WE need excitement...not just a better mousetrap that looks similar to the old.

As for Dallara, they have built many successful cars that are NOT ugly, and the Current IRL car isn't the ugliest car by far, but alas, we are REALLY tired of looking at it.

AS for whom the IRL hires or doesn't hire, I think competition should be part of the process, and no one manufacturer should be picked. Put the rules out there and let the manufacturers do what they can to match them. Only stipulation is that there be a claiming rule. That would stop the Roger Penske's from building a 5 million dollar super car that would clean up. I like Roger, but I don't want him building his classic unfair advantages in building a much better car price wise.

Price containment would come through competition for business and a claiming rule....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is said that there will be a model shown at the Chicago car show the Wednesday, if it is not built, what will be there? Only air? On the other hand, whether Barnhart himself gets a kickback from Dallara is unknown, it is true that Dallara has been reported to give certain amount of money to the irl each time a chassis is purchased.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mark, was hospitalized for a bit and offline...back now.

Whether evolution or revolution, I think the IRL is determined to keep a level playing field. I'd guess Lola was turned down a few years ago because Haas might get the new tricks. Same with Penske. It hasn't been that long since RP controlled the Chevy engine and selected which teams could acquire one and which one couldn't.

I'd guess the Bowlby design is too close to Ganassi, same way. Dallara is only the choice because the G Force/Panoz couldn't be as competitive. 'Spect the same thing will happen however many manufacturers we have. Whoever has the best mousetrap.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    welcome back IC.... good to see ya
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanx, Ken.....was in the crash house for awhile.....just gettin' back.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lets be honest about this...

barnhardt isnt smart enough to figure out how to get a kickback
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!