Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Barnhart getting a Dallara kickback?

Why would the IRL continue sticking with the manufacture of the world's ugliest race car?

I think Barnhart must be getting a kickback from the Dallara company, otherwise there is no reason not to send the business to an American company. After all, the IRL was created to be an all American racing series.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bennybigb
    Why would the IRL continue sticking with the manufacture of the world's ugliest race car?

I think Barnhart must be getting a kickback from the Dallara company, otherwise there is no reason not to send the business to an American company. After all, the IRL was created to be an all American racing series.
    Which American company? Swift maybe. Elan/Panoz barely exists.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, Swift. The Swift Formula Nippon car would be a great option. Panoz could build something as well, the Super League car would also be a good platform.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A couple of days ago, the IRL stated this in their chassis criteria...

American-made: The new chassis must be built in the U.S., preferably at an Indiana-based facility.

Does this mean we'll be seeing Dallara with a factory in Indiana, or perhaps the door will open for Swift?

http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=15726

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Check out marshall pruett's column in speed. He has a good take on barnhart's efforts to kill ben bowbey's idea.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First of all, it's Bowlby.

Second, Barnhart getting a kickback is ridiculous.

Third, Ken Anderson was a top-flight engineer. Still is. He gave us the Falcon. The Bowlby design has never been built, tested or run anywhere. This is a time for evolution, not revolution.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    First of all, it's Bowlby.

Second, Barnhart getting a kickback is ridiculous.

Third, Ken Anderson was a top-flight engineer. Still is. He gave us the Falcon. The Bowlby design has never been built, tested or run anywhere. This is a time for evolution, not revolution.

IC! Where ya been??? I agree with all of the above EXCEPT the last bit. It is high time for revolution in the look of the car. It would be the best way to garner some excitement from the paying public.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't believe this is still up!!!! Barnhart is a criminal???

Quote Originally Posted by bennybigb

I realize some of you think it might be cute, but to accuse someone of a criminal act is serious and should be supported by facts, not a SpeedTV opinion piece..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Doubt there's any illegal dealings.
    The car is ugly, though. No way around that.

The IRL is known for it's strong ethics and wisdom. They'd never "lockout" competitors of any kind now would they?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methanolHuffer
    Doubt there's any illegal dealings.
    The car is ugly, though. No way around that.

The IRL is known for it's strong ethics and wisdom. They'd never "lockout" competitors of any kind now would they?
    Yes that was such a big crime that the taxi cabs use it on a weekly basis.