Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EavesFan09
    Quite right. I have decided to confine my interest in rallying to just the WRC and so my interest in Citroen v Ford and Loeb v Hirvonen has heightened and with that my belief Hirvonen will win the title. Ford won't have sat back over the winter. Some serious decisions and development would have been made. Ford will be competitive. Mikko will be competitive.

To those that were, don't be so harsh on Mikko's chances.
    Do yourself a favor and have a look at the IRC series, it really is interesting with tyre choices and there should be even more live coverage in 2010

Could Hirvonen win the championship? Its betwen Mikko and Seb for the championship, i think after Sweden and Mexico we will have a good idea on the pace of Mikko compared to Seb this year. Also if Petter will be able to fight for wins, which would also effect the fight for the championship.
    Could Loeb win for a 7th time? Good chance
    Could Latvala stay on the road? I think this year he will stay on the road because he will still want a job in 2011..
    Could Wilson prove to be a legend? Wilson might be lucky to get a podium, still a good driver to watch live on the stages
    What can we expect from Kimi Raikkonen? I don't think he will be too strong, hope he stays for 2011 where he will have experience and better chance. But Kimi will probably go on to replace Webber at RedBull
    What stunts can we expect from Evgeny Novikov? Stunts in a Lada somewhere?
    Will Sordo be allowed to win? Sordo will win only if Seb isn't second

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My guess is that its going to be a close fight this year again between Loeb and Hirvonen, but the fight for third will be tough too, if Ogier has rised his game a bit more, he might be there fighting with Latvala and Sordo.
    All is set for an interesting rally season start, Rally Sweden with plenty of snow, and the best drivers present, really cant wait.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    My guess is that its going to be a close fight this year again between Loeb and Hirvonen, but the fight for third will be tough too, if Ogier has rised his game a bit more, he might be there fighting with Latvala and Sordo.
    All is set for an interesting rally season start, Rally Sweden with plenty of snow, and the best drivers present, really cant wait.
    You don't think that Marcus and Petter will be among Sordo, Ogier and Latvala?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni2
    You don't think that Marcus and Petter will be among Sordo, Ogier and Latvala?
    Marcus might, but i dont think he drive enough events, and Petter no I dont think so.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    You don't think Petter is as good as Ogier?Ogier is good but last year Petter outclassed him in an ageing Xsara. I also think Petter will beat JML this year with more tarmac events. JML is really poor on tarmac and Petter was very impressive in Spain.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    In my opinion you made the wrong choice. IRC, ERC and most of the national championships are much more nice to follow than WRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6789
    Do yourself a favor and have a look at the IRC series, it really is interesting with tyre choices and there should be even more live coverage in 2010
    Harsh that like. What do you two mean by that? Though I dread to read what you do mean by that. All I meant was I won't be following the JWRC, PWRC and the SWRC. I am lost on who is certain and who isn't in them. All I know is on entry lists those without a priority number won't be doing 2010.

Btw, 6789, do yourself a favour and realise the IRC ain't on digital TV. I don't have sport channels Sky Sports, ESPN and Men & Motors. I only have Freeview.

They didn't mean anything bad by it I'm sure. They just meant that in general it is the smaller championships that are more exciting. WRC should be the pinnacle, but unfortunately at the moment it isn't. The IRC is much reccomended from me too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    They didn't mean anything bad by it I'm sure. They just meant that in general it is the smaller championships that are more exciting. WRC should be the pinnacle, but unfortunately at the moment it isn't. The IRC is much reccomended from me too.
    Ah, that's OK then.

I was deciding between WRC and IRC initially because of how good Kris Meeke is said to be.

I have followed WRC since I was old enough to i.e. 1998/1999 but last year I got into the IRC and I have to say it was good. Rally Radio is at all IRC events this year too which should make it easier to follow. Personally I prefer the WRC - but that is only because Petter Solberg is there and I'm a massive fan. If he wasn't, then the IRC is a better championship to follow.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    I have followed WRC since I was old enough to i.e. 1998/1999 but last year I got into the IRC and I have to say it was good. Rally Radio is at all IRC events this year too which should make it easier to follow. Personally I prefer the WRC - but that is only because Petter Solberg is there and I'm a massive fan. If he wasn't, then the IRC is a better championship to follow.

But now you will have Mikkelsen to cheer on in IRC !!