Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Isnt that the race where a technical problem on the formation lap meant he had no use of his rear brakes?
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    Did he keep driving off line because there were lots of stones on the track causing punctures and injury to Helmet Marko, now of Red Bull Racing?

Interesting question :-]
    Correct. He avoided punctures by driving off line, so he said. Though his team mates thought it was a load of arse.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    Correct. He avoided punctures by driving off line, so he said. Though his team mates thought it was a load of arse.
    Gosh! I got it correct!

You know, I remembered that the race had all those punctures and Marko's injury - and I recalled how Stewart was one day asked about Chris Amon not winning.

Jackie said that the obvious line round a track with problems is not always the way to go - and that Amon should be considered responsible for NEVER having won.

That is why I answered that way.

JYS was always a special one huh?!

Amazing that a small country such as Scotland produced two of the greatest ever - and in Clark's case my view, the greatest ever - racing drivers.

52 grand prix wins
    5 world titles
    50 pole positions
    43 fastest laps

and ALL THAT from only 171 races. Remarkable!!!!
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    And lets not forget their greats in other motorsports - Colin McRae and John Cleland!

New question?
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    And lets not forget their greats in other motorsports - Colin McRae and John Cleland!

New question?
    How COULD I omit those two.

BTCC was just the best during the Cleland years.

Amazing nation huh? Och aye!

Here are TWO new questions:

Which current team boss RACED for Alan Docking racing in British F3 and his own team in F3000 [maybe this last one gives it away]?

And:
    Why does the one and only Jonesy-boy, as his great late mate James Hunt used to call him [anyone else remember the fantastic 1976 dice at the RoC at Brands between Jones and Hunt :-] absolutely WRANKLE when anyone suggests he won 12 grands prix?

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Don't know the first.

The second one is because he also won the 1980 Spanish GP which was dropped from the championship for political reasons and therefore is ignored by those who think F1 and grand prix is the same as world championship races.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    Here are TWO new questions:

Which current team boss RACED for Alan Docking racing in British F3 and his own team in F3000 [maybe this last one gives it away]?

And:
    Why does the one and only Jonesy-boy, as his great late mate James Hunt used to call him [anyone else remember the fantastic 1976 dice at the RoC at Brands between Jones and Hunt :-] absolutely WRANKLE when anyone suggests he won 12 grands prix?
    I think the first one might be Christian Horner.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Yes, Horner and Jarama 1980 :-]

Jones is still extremely angry about that - he gave a great interview in Motorsport magazine some months ago - and at his next win at Paul Ricard he refused to stand on the podium while Balestre was also present.

Today drivers like Jones and others such as Jody Scheckter would be banned from the sport!!!

Who had the longest break between racing in a grand prix again? Clue: he was actually very good in wet conditions and loved the rain.

See if y'all remember who replaced Carlos Reutemann in 1982 at Williams - no peeking yet: clue - he worked in a coal mine in Australia to earn money for racing once with another driver who I was a fan of and should have gotten a decent chance in f1 [if I told you who you would guess the answer].

Which team principle prefers vinyl to cd's?