Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    Slim Borgudd with ATS (7 starts and 5 DNQ's)and Tyrrell (3 starts).

He wasn't that bad a driver - 3rd in the European F3 Championship and a best GP result of 6th. I think he later went truck racing with some success.
    Correct. On to Ex-Jagboy's questions above now
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Jagboy
    Which extremely rapid and promising driver of the same era was popularly nick-named `Leadfoot Londoner`
    Could it be Ian Burgess? He had some decent showings in the few grand prix that he entered during the late 50s/early 60s.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    The first driver is Masten Gregory aka the "Kansas City Flash"

The 2nd I will leave to you more familiar with Londoners.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    Could it be Ian Burgess? He had some decent showings in the few grand prix that he entered during the late 50s/early 60s.
    Nope... Ian Burgess was`nt in the same league as this driver, in fact few were,

Clue..... he also drove Cooper- Borgward in F2

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by D28

Spot on D28 , Masten indeed, who was potentially the best of all the American drivers that hit our shores, and one of the unluckiest, I saw his drive at Silverstone in the Ecurie Ecosse Lister Jaguar which was absolutely sublime, and at Oulton Park in the paddock, a slightly built bespectacled figure either smoking a pipe or a cigarette, who out of a racing car could easily be mistaken for a bank clerk or local primary school teacher, an unforgettable character.

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Which extremely rapid and promising driver of the same era was popularly nick-named `Leadfoot Londoner`
    The F2 clue points to Ivor Bueb, though I have always seen him referred to Ivor 'The Driver". Is it he?

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Name the designer that created the current quick connect/ disconnect for all F1 cars front noses
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    Name the designer that created the current quick connect/ disconnect for all F1 cars front noses
    If I might make a wild stab in the dark, the first "high nose" car was a Tyrrell from 1990 whilst Alesi was still there (hence the reason why this is my guess).
    Tyrrell had Harvey Postlethwaite design their cars, and I think he might have even had a hand in the 1999 Honda project that went nowhere.

I'm saying Dr. Harvey Postlethwaite... could be wrong though.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Let's finish this one before starting another shall we?

Ok, here`s a couple for you

Which well known F1 and sportscar driver of the late 1950s -60s, upon retirement from racing located to Holland becoming an Amsterdam diamond merchant.

Spot on D28 , Masten indeed, who was potentially the best of all the American drivers that hit our shores, and one of the unluckiest, I saw his drive at Silverstone in the Ecurie Ecosse Lister Jaguar which was absolutely sublime, and at Oulton Park in the paddock, a slightly built bespectacled figure either smoking a pipe or a cigarette, who out of a racing car could easily be mistaken for a bank clerk or local primary school teacher, an unforgettable character.
    The F2 clue points to Ivor Bueb, though I have always seen him referred to Ivor 'The Driver". Is it he?
    Is it Chris Bristow?
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Indeed it was Chris Bristow who partnered Ivor Bueb in the BRP Cooper- Borgward team in 1959, and immediately announced himself on the scene by winning the F2 class at the 1959 Aintree Gp, followed by the John Davy trophy at Brands Hatch, a driver of exceptional promise whose death shocked us all at the time as he was arguably the greatest lost talent of his era.