Page 87 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    By process of elimination it must be Repco?

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D28
    By process of elimination it must be Repco?
    Repco is short for "Replacement Parts Company" and sells auto parts. According to their website they have more than 400 stores and the company started in 1922.
    Repco Limited - Shop Internet site
    http://202.45.102.66/images/stores/thumbs/repco_9.png

The F1 "Repco" V8 was really the small-block Olds V8 F85 engine. It would be sort of like Halfords or Carquest rebranding a Cosworth or something.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Finally....
    Popular memory is not history.... -- Gordon Wood

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Something bothered me:

Quote Originally Posted by Don Capps
    Once production of the FPF by Coventry Climax ceased, several years later
    Production of the FPF ceased in 1966. The only reason I know this is that there was an Eagle T1G at the automotive museum in San Diego, and the casting date could be seen on the engine block.
    Victor Peas? Pees? Pies? I don't know, might have had an FPF in the Canadian GPs as late as 1969... I don't know enough to be able to say much more.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Something bothered me:
    Production of the FPF ceased in 1966. The only reason I know this is that there was an Eagle T1G at the automotive museum in San Diego, and the casting date could be seen on the engine block.
    Victor Peas? Pees? Pies? I don't know, might have had an FPF in the Canadian GPs as late as 1969... I don't know enough to be able to say much more.
    Canadian businessmen purchased the Eagle-Climax 4 for Al Pease to drive in Canada in 1967. The car was already outdated, Pease qualified about 5 seconds off the pace.The following year the same car failed to take the start. In 1969 Pease qualified about 13 seconds back, and was blackflagged for being too slow (see above). The car would have had no development over the three years in Canada, except maybe a fresh engine in 69. This may be the car you saw in San Diego.

Next question:

What car won twice in W. Championship F1 races, consecutive wins, then never won again?
    Details please.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Next question:

What car won twice in W. Championship F1 races, consecutive wins, then never won again?
    Details please.
    Cooper-Maserati

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Jagboy
    Cooper-Maserati
    Exactly. John Surtees won at Mexico 1966 and Pedro Rodriguez won at SA 1967. After that it was all downhill for Cooper.
    Rodriguez gave them their last WC victory.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Exactly. John Surtees won at Mexico 1966 and Pedro Rodriguez won at SA 1967. After that it was all downhill for Cooper.
    Rodriguez gave them their last WC victory.
    The facts were well known at the time, but what was additionally interesting was that John Surtees started the 1966 season with Ferrari, winning the Belgian GP Then suddenly departing the team, which caused quite a stir at the time, so Surtees won world championship events in 2 different cars in the same season.

Yes he did, the last person to do so (another good trivial question, already answered).
    Others have switched cars and came close, Stewart in 1970, also Peter Gethin who switched from McLaren to BRM in 1971 and won his only race, the Italian GP. I think John will hold onto this one, hard to see it happening today. Probably is illegal now.