Page 343 of 344 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3435
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    ^I moved to Fedora on my PC 3 years ago and that's the best thing I've done (although painful to begin with )
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

2. Likes: odykas (11th October 2015)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Finally bit the android bullet and got the Galaxy Note 5.

Battery life is fine at working, without wifi. At home the phone drains like crazy, I'll lose 30% without touching the phone for a couple of hours. Screen has an uneven tint: a pink bottom (apparently everyone has pink), a yellow mid section, and gets whiter at the top.

And to top all that off I've now got contact dermatitis which I suspect is from the phone.

Don't ditch Apple guys!
    If he was still here, this is a statement that would make Daniel's day:

I want to try a BlackBerry Passport so bad that I can taste it. I understand that certain Android apps can be ported onto it, but I have no idea how complicated (or reliable) that is. The main thing I like about iOS is the app reliability and performance, compared to *some* Android apps, of different vintages, I've seen on Android phones I've played with. Plus, I'm not sure how much using Android apps on a BlackBerry defeats the inherent security of the BlackBerry OS. I just don't know. I wouldn't ditch my iPhone, but I wouldn't mind having a Passport just to see what it's all about and if it would fit my needs & wants. I admit that I'm a John Chen fanboi. I really like the way that guy operates. I really wish that he was running Apple. I see Cook as a very good financial engineer, but who doesn't have much of a clue about how to make deals (media content) or make a bang in successfully bringing a product to market (watch, ApplePay, etc.). Just relying on bigger, thinner iPhones and jumbo iPads is going to run its course sooner than later, IMO.

Anyway, I'm still on Verizon for now, so I don't guess I have to worry about it. But does anyone here have a Passport? Do you like it?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Blackberry? Why?

Just 'cause I like to be different.

I hated them with a passion when they were all the rage (CrackBerry addicts). But now that nobody else wants them, I want one! OK, maybe instead of "different", I'm just strange. Well, that, and they have killer battery life from what I've read.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I'd be careful. Nowadays samsung gives you dermatitis. I'm sure you can get leprosy from a blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I'm just strange. Well, that, and they have killer battery life from what I've read.
    I went with a WinPhone for my 1st smartphone...now finally I am using android and find its much better though. But yeah I am like you in certain things, trying to swim against the tide (resolutely holding on to the no Apple thing which might be broken by a Mac someday )

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Is anybody using Apple Pay or any other phone thingy to pay with at the tills? I've had Apple pay for a few weeks now and my only criticism is the £30 limit. It's fast and means you don't have to touch the grubby chip and pin terminals. It's really good.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I've just switched from Android to a Windows Phone Lumia. Some of the features are really growing on me and I'm happy I made the switch. Glance screen, downloadable maps, onedrive, Cortana, the swypey keyboard thingy.

It also seems to have a lot less lag than Android. But that could be because I'm comparing a new phone to a 2 year old phone. The main reason why I ditched android was 'insufficient memory available' error when I was trying to download apps even though I had lots of memory available.
    Last edited by Brown, Jon Brow; 22nd November 2015 at 23:31.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

I finally updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 9.1. The biggest complaint that I've had since getting this phone has been poor battery life. After this update, the battery life has improved by leaps and bounds. It's pretty amazing. I hate what they've done to the Music app. But I'm very pleased not to have to watch the battery meter begin dropping as soon as I turn the phone on.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Actually the new IOS version available is 9.2
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

12. Likes: Jag_Warrior (21st December 2015)