Page 289 of 344 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3435
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I finally bit the bullet and switched providers. Our old Optus $10 plans did not allow any interstate calls, calls to other mobiles nor texting without additional charges. On top of that it did not have any allowance for internet and worst still, had no reception at Docklands where I am staying at the moment.

Now you guys are going to laugh at this. When I applied to activate the sim, my application was flagged. I had to provide proof of identity, which meant I had to scan my drivers licence, Medicare card and old Optus bill and send this to Aldi. My Printer/scanner is in storage. Anyway, I finally got a friend to scan these documents and sent it off. BUT when I installed the Aldi sim card, I got no reception. I phoned Aldi's provider (45minutes on hold) then Optus (15 minutes on hold) to no avail. Went to an Optus shop and 3 sales persons checked my sim card in the phone which they said was OK.

I went home, and decided to check the sim again, saw a small diagram inside my phone showing how the sim is supposed to be inserted and realised that I had the sim inserted back to front. : DUH!!!!!!!!!!

Now I find that not only does my phone work inside the apartment building, but I am on Telstra's 3G network, and can even get two bars on my phone inside the lift. Oh! Happy days!!

I paid $40 which included the sim card and the recharge is $35 per month. Quite reasonable. Now I have to work out how to download the AFL's footy app so I can watch games live on my mobile.
    Rock 'n Roll Valve - no stopping you now!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Recommend me a good phone to get for my 70 year old Mum - she doesn't do well with technology, but she does know she wants a camera on her phone, mostly because her sister has a camera on her phone, I don't expect she'll ever use it! Budget < £100.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Recommend me a good phone to get for my 70 year old Mum - she doesn't do well with technology, but she does know she wants a camera on her phone, mostly because her sister has a camera on her phone, I don't expect she'll ever use it! Budget < £100.
    Samsung SolidExtreme Rugged Mobile Phone SIM Free : Mobile Phones : Maplin Electronics

?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Check these out Mark:

Welcome to an easier everyday life | Doro - Easy to use mobile phones and telecom products for seniors

Bought one for my Mum who is 64 and never owned a mobile phone until last month. They are really easy to use, no frills and she loves it. Hope that helps

Admin
    Don't think she needs rugged, she's very careful with her stuff, she's had her last phone for about 6 years, not a scratch on it.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Check these out Mark:

Welcome to an easier everyday life | Doro - Easy to use mobile phones and telecom products for seniors

Bought one for my Mum who is 64 and never owned a mobile phone until last month. They are really easy to use, no frills and she loves it. Hope that helps
    Interesting! Might be something worth looking at there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TTfone Mercury TT002 - Orange Pay as you go - Big Button Easy to use Senior Mobile Phone - with FM radio and Torch function - SOS button and large easy to read display - QUAD BAND - Black - Pre Pay PAYG: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Was looking at one of these for my wife's grandma a while back too. Seemed fuss free for seniors and easy to use, and dirt cheap. What henners suggested looks like a good buy as well.

Admin
    Nah. tbh she could use an iPhone if she put the effort into learning how to use it. But she wouldn't.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Jolla has launched their first Sailfish OS smartphone

Jolla Launches First Sailfish OS Smartphone - Hands-On Demo - YouTube
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have changed from Comcast to At&T and they have offered me a ipad, tablet or notebook. Thing is you have to attend a 90 minute lecture.

Is it worth it?They say this device is $200

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spafranco
    I have changed from Comcast to At&T and they have offered me a ipad, tablet or notebook. Thing is you have to attend a 90 minute lecture.

Is it worth it?They say this device is $200
    Do they require you to then upgrade your plan to accommodate the device they're "giving" you? I mean, is it a 3G/4G device that has to be on a plan? If not, then yeah, that sounds like a good deal.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith