Page 254 of 344 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3435
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Doesn't seem to be my problem though. The connection is just fine if it's unsecured. It's stable and fast enough. Only when dealing with secured connections it keeps authenticating for a while and then just gives up. I'm not an engineer but that sounds to me more like a software issue.. I might be wrong though. Anyway I'll wait a little.. try this and that... maybe an update will fix it..

To be honest I don't know if it's that easy in this part of the world...

This is pretty much my problem

Loop obtaining ip address htc one x - YouTube

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    That depends on the company. There is no such entitlement under law.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben
    I received my HTC one x yesterday. I'm very pleased with the way it moves but that's no surprise considering I upgraded from an iPhone 3g. I have one major issue though. It seems the phone can't handle secure Wi-Fi connection. I didn't figure out what can I do about it but this really sucks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Well, this is a serious issue here in Melbourne. All the latest Netgear modem+routers come secure with an already installed security system and access code.
    I am still trying to decide what phone to buy for Christmas,and may settle on a Samsung Ace plus 7500, Sony Xperia, or a Lumia. I'm not in a hurry, and am making do with an ancient Nokia red phone (7 years old).
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Insecure wifi is not suitable anyway.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Problem solved. I'm not sure how and if for good but now it works. I went home yesterday, reset the password on my router and then restarted it. After that I told my my phone to forget about the connection, looked again for it and when it asked for the password I also checked the advanced settings options... I thought that will prompt another screen with more wifi settings... but it didn't.. It just connected to the network and worked fine ever since.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Happy Ending

I'll wait and see how it handles other secured routers. So far I only tested it on mine. I'm not going to ask left and right to reset their routers for me . I'm happy though because it doesn't seem to be an hardware issue. That's my amateur opinion at least.

Anyways... I like this phone a lot. It's fast and it looks nice. I like the huge screen and the size hasn't bothered me much so far... and it's slightly lighter than my old iphone. The camera is impressive but then again it must be also the fact that I got so used to the $h1tty camera the iphone has. It's almost useless. I've tried the burst shots, panorama shots... everything worked better than I expected.
    I like the OS too. I'm kind of new to the Android and my old phone got stuck to the iOS 4.1 so that's all I can compare it too.
    The sound's great.
    The battery behaves pretty much as expected. I think I'll be able to get through the normal days with just one charge

As a first impression I'd say I'm happy I switched to Android and at this point I wouldn't touch an iPhone with a stick .. but it's early

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben
    I'll wait and see how it handles other secured routers. So far I only tested it on mine. I'm not going to ask left and right to reset their routers for me . I'm happy though because it doesn't seem to be an hardware issue. That's my amateur opinion at least.

Anyways... I like this phone a lot. It's fast and it looks nice. I like the huge screen and the size hasn't bothered me much so far... and it's slightly lighter than my old iphone. The camera is impressive but then again it must be also the fact that I got so used to the $h1tty camera the iphone has. It's almost useless. I've tried the burst shots, panorama shots... everything worked better than I expected.
    I like the OS too. I'm kind of new to the Android and my old phone got stuck to the iOS 4.1 so that's all I can compare it too.
    The sound's great.
    The battery behaves pretty much as expected. I think I'll be able to get through the normal days with just one charge

As a first impression I'd say I'm happy I switched to Android and at this point I wouldn't touch an iPhone with a stick .. but it's early
    OK! just doing some research from Oz: how much did you pay for it and where did you buy it? Is it unlocked or linked to a provider with a plan?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been on the iPhone user when I changed from BlackBerry to the iPhone 3.
    My carrier is AT&T and they had an exclusive with Apple's iPhone until a short while ago when others like Sprint, Verizon were also able to offer the iphone as a phone option.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1937

I remember seeing adverts that said that AT&T's iPhone offered features that other carriers didn't.
    Then I saw this. i thought all iPhones could multitask in terms of talking and surfing the web at the same time. Looks like it's not.
    How is it for the iPhone users on the other side of the pond?
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com