Page 25 of 344 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I am also unconvinced about the IPAD; I play Sudoku and decided to check out the IPAD as this would be ideal for Sudoku. However, if you go to an Apple computer and access the website sudokulearningcentre.com, select play and go to a difficult level, you will find that the puzzle conains the candidates for each square. Do the same with the IPAD and teh candidates are missing. You cannot play sudoku at the difficult level if the candidates are missing. But this leaves me thinking that the operating system of the IPAD is pretty lousy, or at best lacking.
    Without checking, I'd guess that's down to the lack of flash support.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Without checking, I'd guess that's down to the lack of flash support.
    Why not take two minutes and check it out? I know nothing about flash support, but if the candidates are missing, then you simply cannot solve puzzles with Block and Block interaction, let alone the more difficult puzzles with X-Y wings and so on. If I wanted to have one of these IPADS, then I'd like to know that I am not paying for an inferior operating system, not to mention something that can't even be used to make a phone call.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Admin
    Why not take two minutes and check it out?
    Since I don't have an iPad nor wish to have an iPad, that would be difficult.

I know nothing about flash support, but if the candidates are missing, then you simply cannot solve puzzles with Block and Block interaction, let alone the more difficult puzzles with X-Y wings and so on. If I wanted to have one of these IPADS, then I'd like to know that I am not paying for an inferior operating system, not to mention something that can't even be used to make a phone call.
    The lack of flash support on iPad is very well known. You'd struggle to find anyone who didn't know that, except perhaps my Mum...

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Since I don't have an iPad nor wish to have an iPad, that would be difficult.

The lack of flash support on iPad is very well known. You'd struggle to find anyone who didn't know that, except perhaps my Mum...
    ...........or me.
    I don't even know what a flash support is.
    Just don't tell Daniel what I just said, OK?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It's alright VB, I've taken a leaf out of you book and I just don't listen to people anymore.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I play Sudoku and decided to check out the IPAD as this would be ideal for Sudoku. However, if you go to an Apple computer and access the website sudokulearningcentre.com, select play and go to a difficult level, you will find that the puzzle conains the candidates for each square. Do the same with the IPAD and teh candidates are missing. You cannot play sudoku at the difficult level if the candidates are missing. But this leaves me thinking that the operating system of the IPAD is pretty lousy, or at best lacking.
    Maybe it's the app you were using? I really don't know. I don't even know what Sudoku is. But I did find this on YouTube. Knowing that the iPad will play some pretty sophisticated games, I doubt it would have trouble with Sudoku... unless it's more complicated than I realize.

Does this help?
    [youtube]hx-8mz3S1qg[/youtube]
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Not Really helpful at all. Sudoku is a puzzle that is solved through logic and not by guessing.
    Now, if you click on the following link: http://www.sudokulearningcenter.com/
    and then select a difficult grading under the play option, a Sodoku puzzle shows up on your screen. The little numbers on the empty squares are called "candidates", and you need these little numbers to solve the puzzle using logic.
    Now, if you are using an apple computer, the candidates will appear in the puzzle, same for XP; but if you are using and Ipad, the little candidates do not appear and so you cannot pay Sudoku using an Ipad except by guessing, which is impossible for difficult games.
    We tried this on my son-in-law's Ipad and when the candidates didn't show, he explained it as something to do with the operating system, and he is a Consultant in the IT industry. So this leads me to think that the operating system of the Ipad is somewhat lacking.

Admin
    Not Really helpful at all. Sudoku is a puzzle that is solved through logic and not by guessing.
    Now, if you click on the following link: http://www.sudokulearningcenter.com/
    and then select a difficult grading under the play option, a Sodoku puzzle shows up on your screen. The little numbers on the empty squares are called "candidates", and you need these little numbers to solve the puzzle using logic.
    Now, if you are using an apple computer, the candidates will appear in the puzzle, same for XP; but if you are using and Ipad, the little candidates do not appear and so you cannot pay Sudoku using an Ipad except by guessing, which is impossible for difficult games.
    We tried this on my son-in-law's Ipad and when the candidates didn't show, he explained it as something to do with the operating system, and he is a Consultant in the IT industry. So this leads me to think that the operating system of the Ipad is somewhat lacking.

Lacking? Yes and no? It is what it is after all, i.e. basically an enlarged iPhone. e.g. The iPhone 4 has almost the same specification and OS as the iPad, just a smaller screen. You can't expect it to do everything that a desktop PC can do. In terms of your issue, it's almost certainly down to flash.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Lacking? Yes and no? It is what it is after all, i.e. basically an enlarged iPhone. e.g. The iPhone 4 has almost the same specification and OS as the iPad, just a smaller screen. You can't expect it to do everything that a desktop PC can do. In terms of your issue, it's almost certainly down to flash.
    An enlarged iphone that you cannot use as a phone? Common!!
    The point I am making here is that I can buy a small laptop for under $500 at the Post Office. So where is the value?

Mark, as I said before, I have no idea what a flash is.

Admin
    An enlarged iphone that you cannot use as a phone? Common!!
    The point I am making here is that I can buy a small laptop for under $500 at the Post Office. So where is the value?
    As pointed out in the majority of this thread

Mark, as I said before, I have no idea what a flash is.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash