Page 246 of 344 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 3435
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Made me lol.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    It's amazing how many choices people have now for any device. Phone, tablet, pad, any size, any shape, any speed or capacity. And to me personally I still think if the end user is happy is all that matters.
    I think that has always been the case, be it electronics, clothes or automobiles. So, I don't see what's so new here?

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    And it seems that other people are being more civil on the thread lately, so maybe everyone is realizing that what they think won't always affect the view of someone else.

They are just things, and we all want different things.
    Things have always been civil here as far as I can remember. And probably you're a bit late to the party. This thread started off as criticism of Apple, and over the last two years, has always been criticism and defending. That's the whole point of this thread.

Otherwise it'd be pretty much like this:

User 1: I just bought the new iPad micro!
    User 2: That's so cool. I'm happy with your purchase.
    User 1: Thank you so much, I appreciate that.
    User 2: You're welcome. I too am gonna buy that.
    User 1: Great! Then we can be iPad buddies!
    User 3: Get a room.

Wouldn't be very interesting, I have to say.

Also, it seems only the Apple fans take criticism targeted towards Apple somehow personally. There has been plenty of criticisms directed towards Microsoft, Samsung, Android and Nokia here. I don't see users of those brands taking it personal and getting their panties in a bunch.

That's probably because Apple is mocked globally more than any other brand. And whether you admit it or not, it is damn funny. I have to say I couldn't watch the iPhone 5 ad keeping a straight face.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Apple and HTC End Patent Dispute and Agree to Play Nice For a Decade

So when will we see Samsung and apple doing a deal of this type?
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    Also, it seems only the Apple fans take criticism targeted towards Apple somehow personally. There has been plenty of criticisms directed towards Microsoft, Samsung, Android and Nokia here. I don't see users of those brands taking it personal and getting their panties in a bunch.
    Come on now CR, you do your best to mock Apple owners in a passive aggressive roundabout way then act surprised when they take it personally? Thats poor form from you.

BTW talking about waiting for the next product to come out instead of getting whats on the market now, rumours are that Sony have a superb phone coming out codenamed Odin. Must put up with the Sensation for a few months longer...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    Come on now CR, you do your best to mock Apple owners in a passive aggressive roundabout way then act surprised when they take it personally? Thats poor form from you.
    Samsung and Android, I am a consumer of both, have been mocked throughout this thread and even a couple of pages ago regarding the lawsuit, their features, etc. by quite a few members here. I didn't throw a hissy fit around here, did I? Besides many of the work distraction/procrastination humor sites I visit in my breaks has Apple mocking photoshops in the ton, some of which are really funny and I share them here, I have also shared Microsoft and Samsung funny pics in the past. Believe it or not, I am not making those photoshops. Android users seem to enjoy the funny stuff. Apple fans should just ignore or post their own, who cares?

Besides it's a public forum, I'm not going to people's houses and pasting posters which say "Hey, your iPhone, it sucks." Apple's price point is my gripe, and as a future customer, I don't want to pay a fortune for a product I don't even want. I know criticism at this level is hardly gonna ruffle any feathers, but it's a start nonetheless.

BTW talking about waiting for the next product to come out instead of getting whats on the market now, rumours are that Sony have a superb phone coming out codenamed Odin. Must put up with the Sensation for a few months longer...
    Isn't Odin rumored to have a 5 inch screen, exactly what you don't want, Malbec? Their second rumored phone/tablet thingy is even bigger at 6 inches.

Besides it's a public forum, I'm not going to people's houses and pasting posters which say "Hey, your iPhone, it sucks." Apple's price point is my gripe, and as a future customer, I don't want to pay a fortune for a product I don't even want. I know criticism at this level is hardly gonna ruffle any feathers, but it's a start nonetheless.
    Sure, describing your opinion on Apple products is fine but there's no need to refer to their purchasers as sheep or insinuate that people who buy them are stupid.

Isn't Odin rumored to have a 5 inch screen, exactly what you don't want, Malbec?
    Yes something like that, in full HD too. A guy can change his mind can't he?

Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano
    Apple and HTC End Patent Dispute and Agree to Play Nice For a Decade

So when will we see Samsung and apple doing a deal of this type?
    The deal between HTC and Apple isn't a truce, they just agreed to settle out of court with HTC paying Apple a patents fee per unit sold. In effect HTC have recognised they've used Apple patents without a licence and have agreed to pay for it. This is likely to hit HTC profitability considerably just at a time they don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think Apple will suddenly have a legitimate reason for charging so much for their devices in some consumers eyes. They can now blame it on Samsung over charging them!! haha

Expect prices to rise again as this may harm Apple's profits but its ultimately going to harm the consumer. This is something Samsung has always been against, but companies have to adapt in a cut throat industry.

Samsung hits Apple where it hurts with processor price hike | News | TechRadar
    Bit short-termist IMO.

Samsung have just lost HTC as a components client as well as having Apple steadily decreasing their reliance on them. While it may earn them a quick buck companies will be less likely to want to rely on a company that can introduce a unique price hike for just one customer. Its a quick and easy way of sullying your own reputation, not clever.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The deal between HTC and Apple isn't a truce, they just agreed to settle out of court with HTC paying Apple a patents fee per unit sold. In effect HTC have recognised they've used Apple patents without a licence and have agreed to pay for it. This is likely to hit HTC profitability considerably just at a time they don't need it.
    Actually it seems that Apple came to a "truce" because they recognised they could well be on the losing side of a court case, with a possible ban on iThing sales in the USA in the run-up to Christmas:
    U.S. judge: HTC patents likely valid in Apple suit | Apple - CNET News

Apple didn't get that rich by being stupid!
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Actually it seems that Apple came to a "truce" because they recognised they could well be on the losing side of a court case, with a possible ban on iThing sales in the USA in the run-up to Christmas:
    U.S. judge: HTC patents likely valid in Apple suit | Apple - CNET News

Apple didn't get that rich by being stupid!
    Sounds like an entirely separate legal case.

HTC wouldn't sign an agreement with Apple that is so crippling (a $20 dollar patent fee to Apple for a top of the line phone HTC probably sell for $200!) if they had the slightest whiff of victory, nor would they have signed it for global phone shipments if they stood to lose a case in US jurisdiction only.