Page 234 of 344 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3435
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    Chances are, and posts on this thread already support this, that most people will first use Windows 8 through work so I do see some sense in MS' marketing angle.

If they want to break into the mass market what they need to do is crack the smartphone market. Once people feel comfortable with W8 on their phones then they'll progress to buying a W8 tablet. Thats how Apple and Android have done it. Shame MS are neglecting to market their smartphones enough but perhaps by releasing an OS that works on everything from a phone straight through to a desktop they've bitten off more than they can chew marketing wise. They can't advertise everything simultaneously effectively.
    WP8 is not Windows 8 like I've said
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    WP8 is not Windows 8 like I've said
    Not technically, but from a marketing point of view it is as the look across all the OS is the same.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Exactly, the idea is "it all looks the same", so there will be many unhappy when they find stuff doesn't work.

I remember people trying to get Windows .exe files working on Windows Mobile/CE back in the day and complaining it was broken.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    My work upgraded from XP to Windows 7 about 2 months ago, so I can't see 8 coming along anytime soon..... The only reason I would get it would be if I got a new PC, but that's been put off for a while.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Exactly, the idea is "it all looks the same", so there will be many unhappy when they find stuff doesn't work.

I remember people trying to get Windows .exe files working on Windows Mobile/CE back in the day and complaining it was broken.
    There will be a degree of compatibility between WP8 and W8 RT apps, but in terms of legacy Windows Apps, no compatibility whatsoever!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    That's rather disappointing then.

I obviously forgot when Apple made the iPhone and iPad compatible with Os X ARM processors (what's in most smartphones and tablets) are incapable for running software written for desktop computers.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Its like that at our place. Even a £25 upgrade would have to be justified in the IT budget and would likely be declined. I had to convince our Director that the design department need better spec'd computers than the women in customer services who all have 2 grand Macs whereas we were told our budget was £1000 per person. Up until that point he just didn't get it. Windows 8 will be on my machine in 2 years time if I am lucky.
    We're still on XP, I suspect we'll be upgrading directly to Windows 15 when it comes out...

Meanwhile I've liked what I've seen with WP8 so far but unfortunately MS have lost me as a customer already. The Nokia 920 which looks like the best WP phone (with the HTC 8X getting lukewarm reviews) is exclusive to EE on a 4G connection which means it'll cost a fortune.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yeah I won't be using 4G when it becomes available on my network if the prices are anything like they are now. I really can't see the justification when 3G is pretty fast and I'm mostly around Wifi networks anyway. Its just one of those services that will get small numbers signing up and when the rest of the providers get it they will just include it in the cost no doubt.
    Same here. Ridiculous pricing.......

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    Meanwhile I've liked what I've seen with WP8 so far but unfortunately MS have lost me as a customer already. The Nokia 920 which looks like the best WP phone (with the HTC 8X getting lukewarm reviews) is exclusive to EE on a 4G connection which means it'll cost a fortune.
    Why not just buy the phone outright? Ends up being cheaper over the life of your contract anyway

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Same here. Ridiculous pricing.......
    Yes, which is what massive held back data on mobile devices for many years. Charges such as £1 per MB, nobody dared use any mobile data, nevermind watching videas etc. It's one thing you can thank Apple for opening up, as they demanded operators taking iPhone offered unlimited data plans. Shame they've gone now.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums