Probably the gadget to end all gadgets.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    iTampon is trending up on DIGG dot com

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    On a netbook you can

A) Use flash
    B) Type as fast as your fingers can manage
    C) Put it on a table and adjust it to a perfect angle and type with both hands

It's not a kindle competitor either because it's not got an "e-ink" screen so it's not as comfotable to read as a Kindle or one of the Sony readers. The whole point of a reader is to give the experience of reading a book, the iPad won't do that.

Read some of the comments on that page, they summarise the failings of the iPad pretty well.
    I haven't had a chance to read the comments in your link yet. But exactly how would anyone be able to critique a device that hasn't even been released yet? They already know its failings and yet, (even to Bloomberg), access was limited.

Anyway, it is being touted as a Kindle competitor. The proof will be in the pudding. Actual customer experiences and reviews will determine whether it's successful or not. Guessing, based on what a handful of people may have to say, is like trying to determine next season's F1 WDC or WCC based on testing times...

We'll see what this is really about when it's released and they wave the checkers.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I haven't had a chance to read the comments in your link yet. But exactly how would anyone be able to critique a device that hasn't even been released yet? They already know its failings and yet, (even to Bloomberg), access was limited.

Anyway, it is being touted as a Kindle competitor. The proof will be in the pudding. Actual customer experiences and reviews will determine whether it's successful or not. Guessing, based on what a handful of people may have to say, is like trying to determine next season's F1 WDC or WCC based on testing times...

We'll see what this is really about when it's released and they wave the checkers.
    There's a lot we DO know though.

For instance the Apple's screen is backlit which is a big no no when it comes to reading text for hours upon hours like you do with a book.

Kindle is a dedicated reader
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I love my iPhone but there really is nothing else in the Apple product portfolio that I would want to buy. Count me out of the iPad reservation list.

This thread has reminded me of my mate who cant wait to read loads of books on his Sony Reader thing when he goes on holiday to the Maldives in a couple of months. He's bought his Sony thing especially. I just think if that's all you plan to do you might as well save some money and use your Sony Reader in Spain, Italy or anywhere else with sun that is both closer and cheaper. I'm neither a gadget or do nothing holiday person. I just don't get it.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel

Firstly Steve it should be called an iPod Touch jumbo because that's what it is and secondly Tablet PC's are crap unless you're using it as a replacement for a clipboard and how often do most people need clipboards?
    Is it only me or does anyone else think this looks like a small laptop without a cover?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its worth saying that this iPad is only running a similar OS to the iTouch/iPhone and hence, can't multitask. So it can't even be compared to a Linux/Windows Netbook.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    A lot of people have underestimated Steve Jobs and his ideas Daniel, but on this one, I think you are right.

I think it takes a lot for an Apple product to bomb so I really don't think this will bomb, at least not straight away anyway. Like I said, tablet PC's have never been popular and not for lack of trying too! When I used to work for a HP, Compaq, IBM and Toshiba repair place you'd occasionally get someone in with a tablet and out of interest I'd always ask them if they liked it and I'd say 90% weren't really all that impressed.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    LOL!

Ipod Touch XXL or has Steve Jobs or did actually used an Ishrunk on himself?!

I can see the attraction of netbooks but preferably after a portable media player like the Ipod Touch but a bit bigger but definitely not Ipad size.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting product. Possibly a bit too similar to the iPhone but then I guess it depends on what applications are developed for it. That is what will make or break the iPad, and Apple were smart enough to ensure that the pre-existing Apps already work on it. Apparently it can't multi-task, which is odd, but they say OS4.0 is in the works so who knows what that will bring.

I hope it is able to connect to external displays. If that's the case then I can see it being really useful for Conferences - no need to lug around a laptop as I could run my presentation from an iPad with no fuss.