Page 194 of 344 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 3435
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Henners. You are insane. They basically offered you £100 and you said no!!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Think about re-sale value. Plus, whatever colour or size it is your only going to cover it in a case of some description regardless.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    No problem: just stick in a 32GB memory card, they're about twenty quid.

Oh...

Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Polycarbonate on mine. Stronger and lighter than aluminium, which is best left for KitKat wrappers.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    That Apple stock keeps on climbing . . . over $700.oo? - sheesh! I aint got none of them fancy stocks, heck I have no stocks.
    That thing is all going to crash eventuallhy but for those fortunate Apple stock owners,(Jag ) here's to you:
    Thank you, sir. Right back at ya.

I think that AAPL will eventually reach a plateau, and may even decline if there is a negative sales or earnings surprise. A crash, I'm not so sure about. But sooner or later, I also think that the Law of Large Numbers will eventually catch up to Apple (and Samsung) when it comes to sales and profit growth... unless they enter into new markets and businesses. The same thing happened to Microsoft and the same thing could be happening to Google right now.

But for right now, things still look pretty good on the sales front: Apple Poised to Sell 10 Million iPhones in Record Debut

Apple Inc. (AAPL) is poised for a record iPhone 5 debut and may not be able to keep up with demand as customers line up from Sydney to New York to pick up the latest model of its top-selling product (AAPL).
    Because of when I bought most of my AAPL shares, I believe my dividend yield is somewhere above 10% - I should calculate that and know. But there's just no other place (growth stock) where I can get that sort of income return and share price appreciation, so it would take a pretty massive hit for me to sell... but I typically don't ride stocks on the way down either. I'm just not that emotional about any stock or any company. But in this case, I don't let 3-5% moves scare me either. Those have actually provided very good entry points to buy call options or adding to the long for another move upward.

Individual stocks can be very risky and dangerous to your wallet. Have you thought about mutual funds? There are sector funds and ETF's that might work for you.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I suppose it means Apple will have the last laugh about coming up with a rather average phone.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I suppose it means Apple will have the last laugh about coming up with a rather average phone.
    Possibly so. I'm not currently in the market for a smartphone (because none of them would do anything special for me, considering my current needs & wants). And as I mentioned previously, I'm not wowed by the iPhone 5's features either. But if Apple produces a phone which at least meets consumers' expectations, that is how a successful business wins the game. One missing feature is NFC. But what are the current practical uses of NFC anyway? If the NFC readers don't become widely available/installed in shops for another couple of years (if then), then why put that technology in a phone now?

I do like that Apple increased the screen size. And I'd say that matters to many who were hoping for that. But no, that's not so special because there are other phones that have 4" screens... but they don't run iOS. But let's not forget that even as Apple will likely set sales records with this device, Samsung is doing quite well with its new SIII too. It's not a one horse race. So there can be several winners (although the losers are becoming more & more well known: RIM, Nokia, etc. - Yahoo just dumped RIM's BlackBerry as a phone that they'll pay for at corporate).

My hope is that some bored member of the Apple sales and marketing staff will take some time off from Apple and go over to IndyCar... and teach those poor fools how to successfully market that series. They can't even get an app produced or figure out how to get their website working consistently. Even an Apple trained intern would be better than what they have now. But I digress...
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Thank you, sir. Right back at ya.

I think that AAPL will eventually reach a plateau, and may even decline if there is a negative sales or earnings surprise. A crash, I'm not so sure about. But sooner or later, I also think that the Law of Large Numbers will eventually catch up to Apple (and Samsung) when it comes to sales and profit growth... unless they enter into new markets and businesses. The same thing happened to Microsoft and the same thing could be happening to Google right now.

But for right now, things still look pretty good on the sales front: Apple Poised to Sell 10 Million iPhones in Record Debut

Because of when I bought most of my AAPL shares, I believe my dividend yield is somewhere above 10% - I should calculate that and know. But there's just no other place (growth stock) where I can get that sort of income return and share price appreciation, so it would take a pretty massive hit for me to sell... but I typically don't ride stocks on the way down either. I'm just not that emotional about any stock or any company. But in this case, I don't let 3-5% moves scare me either. Those have actually provided very good entry points to buy call options or adding to the long for another move upward.

Individual stocks can be very risky and dangerous to your wallet. Have you thought about mutual funds? There are sector funds and ETF's that might work for you.

While Apple basically only is into smartphones/tablets/computers, Samsung (Samsung Electronics) have a much wider product portfolio.
    Smartphones, tablets, cameras, Owens, microwaves, TVs, blu-ray players, memory cards, SSDs and many other products.
    I also think that this will benefit Samsung since it will be easier for them to integrate/connect all the products with each other.

Apple basically lives on the hype, around the launch of their Ip5, they got free advertising in form of editorial articles in Swedish media
    worth around 28 million kronor, approx 3,3 million Euros. Samsung at the time of the release of their S3 didn't even get 10% of Apple's publicity.

However I think Microsoft will be the long term winner since i think the Windows 8 products will rise in popularity
    due to that it will be the same OS on all devices which will boost the user-friendliness.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    My employee got me Galaxy S3 about a week ago. In general I'm very positively surprised - the phone itself is a bit too big for my liking but overall impression is very good. But when it comes to usability I have never used better OS than Meego, pity that Nokia killed it too early.

Compared to 2.3, the ICS is a huge step forward.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    I agree that iOS 6 maps are cack But at least it gives voice guidance which really annoyed me and it never worked properly anyway.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!