Page 185 of 344 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3435
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    No innovation. In a word: boring.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    Looks OK I guess. Dare I ask how much it will cost?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    So Apple have released a slightly faster version of the Galaxy 2. LTE is nice but not unique, everything else is just playing catch-up.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Innovation my arse. Exactly as expected!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Innovation my arse. Exactly as expected!
    Apple's Phil Schiller explains new 'Lightning' port, doesn't think much of NFC and wireless charging -- Engadget

Schiller also explained the reason for the iPhone 5's new "Lightning" port, which allows for faster data transfer between phone and computer, but also requires an adapter ($29) for use with Apple's previous wire standard. Apparently Apple's future lineup would be impossible without the new connecter, according to Schiller. He attempted to assuage concerned consumers with one hopeful promise: "This is the new connector for many years to come."
    And finally, when pressed on wireless charging -- a main feature of Nokia's flagship Windows Phone 8 device, the Lumia 920 -- Schiller said such a feature offers little to consumers beyond confusion. "Having to create another device you have to plug into the wall is actually, for most situations, more complicated," he said. As per usual, the iPhone 5 will charge via USB -- using the new dock connector, of course. But surely, turning a bunch of cables into just one giant wireless charging plate aligns well with Apple's simplicity design, right?

Now now Ioan! At least they haven't complicated things with wireless charging or NFC. I must admit it confuses the crap out of me when I go to McDonalds and pay for my meal by presenting the card to the reader rather than putting the card in the card reader, waiting for it to accept the card, put my pin in and then come back saying my pin is fine. Don't get me started on the wireless charging that comes with the Lumia 920, how confusing is that?!?!?!?!? Almost as confusing as using an induction hob in a kitchen I would imagine.

The contempt that Apple show for the customers is amazing!!!!! I'm sorry, but a chimp could probably get the hang of wireless charging and NFC............ Are they trying to say that their customers are dumb? Make up a reason, say that you felt that it would make the phone fat at least. Don't make out that things which simplify life immensely are actually complications.

The new connector means a steady stream of money to Apple from people who buy an iPhone 5 and want it to work with all the docks and things they've bought. People will think twice about getting a better and cheaper phone when they've spent far too much on some overpriced dock. But the 20 something dollar charge for an adaptor is going to piss a lot of people off, which is a good thing.

Look for Apple to put these features in the 5s or 6 or whatever they call their next phone that I still won't buy

I think this is a great launch Apple needed to step up to the plate and deliver something that matched the GS3 and Lumia 920 and they failed badly The zealots and sheep will buy it as always, but a lot of people will struggle to see why they should spend more for less than they'll get with one of the above hero phones.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Admin
    With anything you have to look and pros and cons. For me bigger screen, faster processor are good. But there's nothing else except the massive disadvantage of the changed dock connector.

I was hoping for a wow factor. It was completely absent .

Not saying I wouldn't buy one eventually . But the sensible thing to do would he to continue with my 4S at least until the 5S is out.

Admin
    They will sell a lot because it's iPhone. But at this point Apple are relying on that. Just as Nokia hoped they could put out any old tat and people would buy it because of the name.

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    Time to look out for a cheap 64gb 4S....
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Go for it Jamie
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Just out of curiosity I've checked the current prices for a 4S on my carrier's website, of course, the iphone5 discount for the 4S didn't kick in yet, I think, but nevertheless... with a 35 euro per month plan the phones comes at 289 euros... and for a 22 euro plan the price is 500 euros ... how is that possible? even for a 85 euro plan the price is 179... I guess prices must be different in the first world...