Page 15 of 344 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    When a company markets its products like they have invented electricity when in reality they are ancient, it does get onto people's nerves. Does iPad have a USB port?
    So name a company that doesn't market its products to the best of its ability?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan H
    Microsoft
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Microsoft
    lol, its not for want of trying though!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Vauxhall.

Oops: I thought I was replying to another thread, but in the light of the above, it still works surprisingly well.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    lol, its not for want of trying though!
    To be fair Microsoft are too polite. They will never achieve anything with their annoyingly sickly sweet I'm a PC ads.

Personally I loved the Seinfeld ads

[youtube]11NOblvuEpU[/youtube]
    [youtube]UkQ6ETXSpYo[/youtube]
    [youtube]IZLJ7B1rHm8[/youtube]

I can't imagine Steve Jobs ever doing that
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    What Apple did right, is like with iTunes, they constructed a very easy way of getting applications onto your phone. Like with most things Apple has done they aren't new, far from it, but they are easy.

e.g. Nokia Symbian phones and Microsoft Mobile phones were able to run applications for years before Apple came along. Except that it was usually a matter of downloading a file from your website, then manually transferring it onto your phone with a USB cable, then manually installing it once it got there. Easy enough for some, but then it's amazing how many people don't even know what a USB cable is...
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Funny, isn't it, how when Apple announces a new OS, it's lead story on the BBC News technology section. But Symbian (which is used by far more people) doesn't warrant a mention when they do the same.

Same as "iPad users have trouble with WiFi", what a non-story! I didn't notice "N97 users have trouble with GPS" being in there...
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    What Apple did right, is like with iTunes, they constructed a very easy way of getting applications onto your phone. Like with most things Apple has done they aren't new, far from it, but they are easy.

e.g. Nokia Symbian phones and Microsoft Mobile phones were able to run applications for years before Apple came along. Except that it was usually a matter of downloading a file from your website, then manually transferring it onto your phone with a USB cable, then manually installing it once it got there. Easy enough for some, but then it's amazing how many people don't even know what a USB cable is...
    I agree, they are very good at making things easy to use and that's commendable. My N97 mini, for example, has gadgets like no other but this machine is difficult and complex to use, obviously an engineer-driven device.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Now it becomes clear why Apple are so anti-Flash: banning it allows them a virtual monopoly on their own i-Ad advertising programme (40% of all revenue from advertisers!) without having to give any money to that nasty Google.

Honestly, if Microsoft behaved like Apple they'd be in the European Court before you could say "Open source? No thanks!"
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u