Page 14 of 344 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    I think they have a enclosure that hangs around your neck. As soon as you can effectively run skype on the ipad it will revolutionize the industry again.
    the ideal setup will be:
    1. 32 in flatscreen
    2. newest Macbook pro 17
    3. ipad for travel

then if you are on extended leave you would take your macbook pro. ipad will be capable of running Apple's business app and those of you who have never used them they kick butt on microsoft junk. also there is a company Stone Design. I think they will port most of there apps over as well and the have some real good one. such as create. I am just waiting for the skype deal and then the iphone will go!!
    WTF? Wearing an iPad around your neck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are you serious fousto?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    yea try it dAniel before you knock it
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    No-one has asked the most critical question about the iPad...

Will it blend? That is the question.

Enjoy.
    http://tiny.cc/24jy8
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    No-one has asked the most critical question about the iPad...

Will it blend? That is the question.

Enjoy.
    http://tiny.cc/24jy8
    Only if you fold it first
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    WTF? Wearing an iPad around your neck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are you serious fousto?
    Flavor Fousto...
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    ROFL

Isn't it spelt flava though Dave?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Erm, maybe...
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I don't think you understand what Mark means.

With Windows Mobile you or I can write a program and run it on a phone

With an iPhone it needs to be approved by Apple to run on it and this invariably means that you end up paying for stuff that you can get for free elsewhere.
    I don't have an iPhone/iPod Touch (yet). But as I understand it, some of the apps are free. As for writing programs, for me at least, that's a non-issue. I sometimes write G-code programs for fun and to stay in practice, but I haven't actually written any code for a compter since the early 1980's... and that was just in a Basic class that I was taking. I seriously doubt that figures into very many computer or smart phone purchase decisions. In fact, what's killing the Palm Pre right now is the fact that so few programmers are writing apps for it. I know it has its own OS, as does RIM's Blackberry. But I've just not heard of anyone (average buyers/users) speak of writing their own apps as a deal maker or breaker.

I dunno. But if it has a camera, I will have the next iPod Touch. There's an F1 app that I've heard is pretty good. If my company would cover at least some of the cost, I'd probably get an iPhone if/when it migrates over to Verizon.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I don't have an iPhone/iPod Touch (yet). But as I understand it, some of the apps are free.
    As far as I'm aware most of the apps are free although they are vetted by Apple first before being made available. Whilst that may limit the freedom of software writers it also ensures that the software available can be checked to ensure compatibility so it doesn't cause problems with the iPhone.

Still it doesn't seem to be an issue as there are still far more apps available for the iPhone than windows mobile.

Although I have an Apple for home use I refuse to buy an iPhone out of general principle. Whilst I have no problem paying a premium for a more reliable product at the point of purchase, I refuse to pay a monthly premium on top for the privilege of using that product. Although this has meant that I've had to put up with a vastly inferior product (windows mobile) I'm hoping to rectify that situation soon with an HTC running Android.

I'm still astonished by the degree of vitriol directed at Apple on this thread. As far as I'm aware we live in free economies, companies like Apple are free to spend their money R/Ding whatever product they like and we the consumer are free to buy whichever of those products take our fancy. I genuinely don't see why Apple behaving in this way should attract the degree of vitriol it has.

As for Fousto's point that you should try it before knocking it, I find that many people who have purchased Apple products like the iPhone have gone on to switching from Windows to Apple in short order... That does say a lot about the product.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan H
    As far as I'm aware most of the apps are free although they are vetted by Apple first before being made available. Whilst that may limit the freedom of software writers it also ensures that the software available can be checked to ensure compatibility so it doesn't cause problems with the iPhone.

Still it doesn't seem to be an issue as there are still far more apps available for the iPhone than windows mobile.

Although I have an Apple for home use I refuse to buy an iPhone out of general principle. Whilst I have no problem paying a premium for a more reliable product at the point of purchase, I refuse to pay a monthly premium on top for the privilege of using that product. Although this has meant that I've had to put up with a vastly inferior product (windows mobile) I'm hoping to rectify that situation soon with an HTC running Android.

I'm still astonished by the degree of vitriol directed at Apple on this thread. As far as I'm aware we live in free economies, companies like Apple are free to spend their money R/Ding whatever product they like and we the consumer are free to buy whichever of those products take our fancy. I genuinely don't see why Apple behaving in this way should attract the degree of vitriol it has.

As for Fousto's point that you should try it before knocking it, I find that many people who have purchased Apple products like the iPhone have gone on to switching from Windows to Apple in short order... That does say a lot about the product.
    When a company markets its products like they have invented electricity when in reality they are ancient, it does get onto people's nerves. Does iPad have a USB port?
    “Leave me alone!”