Page 103 of 344 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3435
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I still wouldn't justify 300 quid for an ipad 2 but I must admit they are pleasant to use when they are someone elses lol.
    ^ This. I can play around with an iPad all day long if it's for demo at a mall or belongs to someone else, but would never shell out that much money for a fancy toy.

And I think you got the battery life of Kindle quite wrong. With the Wi-fi off, it can go up to a week easily, and goes even further on the newer models, which I haven't checked up on.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Hum, seems the Samsung Galaxy S3 specs have been leaked... (there are various links on google, I won't bother to post one).

I say it looks like a typical 4chan BS.

I highly doubt any of that is true.
    I tend to agree
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I must admit from personal experience of using an ipad its not heavy in the least and the battery life is better than any portable device I have seen. Getting 10 hours life watching videos I would say is rather good and up to 18 hours with general use. Every laptop I have owned has a 3 hour max life and I think battery life is one of the ipads unique selling points at this moment in time. If you say its poor when being used as a 'Book Reader' then surely this must be compared with the Kindle for this purpose. The Kindle has a battery life of around 4 hours if you are lucky and this is one of their biggest complaints. I still wouldn't justify 300 quid for an ipad 2 but I must admit they are pleasant to use when they are someone elses lol.

Whoooooooa!!!! The kindle's battery life is measured in weeks. Caroline has one and she charges it so infrequently that when she needs to charge it she has to ask me where the USB cable for it is as she uses it so infrequently. As a book reader the kindle absolutely blows the iPad away. It whoops the Kindle in terms of battery life, weight, readability and pretty much everything. It really is a case of the iPad being a tablet which doubles as a book reader and the Kindle being a dedicated e-reader.

Whilst the iPad is not heavy, IMHO it's a weighty device which I'd rather not carry around with me every day and which I'd find tiring to use for any length of time.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    You can't use the iPad as a practical phone, so - Fail.
    You can't use it as a laptop - Fail.
    You can't use it as a book reader, because it's too expensive, heavy and the battery life is crap - More Fail.

So conclusion = Epic Fail.

I've long maintained that it's nothing but an expensive toy for people gullible enough to fall for it. Now they introduced a keyboard dock for it, because typing is a pain in the ass on the iPad. So, why not just buy a high performing laptop for that price??!?!

Hell, if I had that much money lying around, and I really wanted to waste it, I'd buy one of the new 4 GB DirectX 11 graphic cards for my PC. MUCH better investment.
    SSD is a better investment

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    You can't use the iPad as a practical phone, so - Fail.
    You can't use it as a laptop - Fail.
    You can't use it as a book reader, because it's too expensive, heavy and the battery life is crap - More Fail.

So conclusion = Epic Fail.
    1. The iPad is a luxury item. You don't need it. If you don't want one don't buy one![/*:m:bhh8uvjm]
    2. During 2010, Apple sold 15 million iPads worldwide[/*:m:bhh8uvjm]
    3. A lot of people own one[/*:m:bhh8uvjm]
    4. The iPad is not a phone[/*:m:bhh8uvjm]
    5. It can be used for online calls via Skype & Face-Time[/*:m:bhh8uvjm]
    6. The iPad is not a laptop.[/*:m:bhh8uvjm]
    7. There are apps that make it a very effective and useful office device[/*:m:bhh8uvjm]
    8. You can use it as a book reader, but (IMHO) the Kindle does the job better[/*:m:bhh8uvjm]
    9. The iPad keyboard is fine to use. Buying an external one is optional[/*:m:bhh8uvjm]
    There's no "epic fail" about the iPad IMHO. Before owning one (yes, I own one so am clearly biased ) I thought they were pointless, and replicted much of what the iPhone does. Of course it does, it's based on the same well established principles but it is much more than an iPhone foursquared!!!

It doesn't do things that other devices don't do, but it does them in one conveniently portable device, and it does them very well. I can work (handwrting apps are a joy, and office documents open & save easily) on an iPad, play games, watch tv & films, listen to music, check emai, have a digital radio alarm clock and far more all in one place.

I like it. Maybe I've fallen for the hype. Paid over the odds. Don't really care. What the iPad does it does very well, and it works for me mokin:
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    1. The iPad is a luxury item. You don't need it. If you don't want one don't buy one![/*:m:36unxtyt]
    2. During 2010, Apple sold 15 million iPads worldwide[/*:m:36unxtyt]
    3. A lot of people own one[/*:m:36unxtyt]
    4. The iPad is not a phone[/*:m:36unxtyt]
    5. It can be used for online calls via Skype & Face-Time[/*:m:36unxtyt]
    6. The iPad is not a laptop.[/*:m:36unxtyt]
    7. There are apps that make it a very effective and useful office device[/*:m:36unxtyt]
    8. You can use it as a book reader, but (IMHO) the Kindle does the job better[/*:m:36unxtyt]
    9. The iPad keyboard is fine to use. Buying an external one is optional[/*:m:36unxtyt]

1) You're right
    2) There are always people happy to be seperated from their money
    3) A lot of people in Germany during WW2 thought Hitler was a smashing chap
    4) Of course, it's basically a big iPhone without the actual phone capability (aside from Facetime/Skype)
    5) Of course
    6) Of course, but if we drew a venn diagram of the iPad's usability and function, a lot, if not all of the area the iPad occupies would be covered by a phone and a laptop/netbook and phones are more portable and laptops/netbooks more functional and useable for certain things like typing.
    7) Which is still not as useful as a laptop.
    8) Definitely.
    9) It might be fine to use, but a hardware keyboard will always be better to use.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    It doesn't do things that other devices don't do, but it does them in one conveniently portable device, and it does them very well. I can work (handwrting apps are a joy, and office documents open & save easily) on an iPad, play games, watch tv & films, listen to music, check emai, have a digital radio alarm clock and far more all in one place.:
    That's the problem, isn't it?
    It does nothing that your iPhone does not do.
    (IIRC, I could do most of that my old HTC Harrier - wait for it - 8 years ago!!! And it cost me 80$)

Handwriting apps, how well do they work? How accurate would you rate the OCR?

What kind of stylus do you use? I have seen a few and they look absolutely dreadful, I couldn't see myself using one of them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1. The iPad is a luxury item. You don't need it. If you don't want one don't buy one![/*:m:1fg8ex00]
    2. During 2010, Apple sold 15 million iPads worldwide[/*:m:1fg8ex00]
    3. A lot of people own one[/*:m:1fg8ex00]
    4. The iPad is not a phone[/*:m:1fg8ex00]
    5. It can be used for online calls via Skype & Face-Time[/*:m:1fg8ex00]
    6. The iPad is not a laptop.[/*:m:1fg8ex00]
    7. There are apps that make it a very effective and useful office device[/*:m:1fg8ex00]
    8. You can use it as a book reader, but (IMHO) the Kindle does the job better[/*:m:1fg8ex00]
    9. The iPad keyboard is fine to use. Buying an external one is optional[/*:m:1fg8ex00]
    There's no "epic fail" about the iPad IMHO. Before owning one (yes, I own one so am clearly biased ) I thought they were pointless, and replicted much of what the iPhone does. Of course it does, it's based on the same well established principles but it is much more than an iPhone foursquared!!!

It doesn't do things that other devices don't do, but it does them in one conveniently portable device, and it does them very well. I can work (handwrting apps are a joy, and office documents open & save easily) on an iPad, play games, watch tv & films, listen to music, check emai, have a digital radio alarm clock and far more all in one place.

I like it. Maybe I've fallen for the hype. Paid over the odds. Don't really care. What the iPad does it does very well, and it works for me mokin:
    I'm not very big on pointless luxury items, so it doesn't appeal to me AT ALL. However, if people like it, I may not understand why, but I don't have a problem with that. I personally wouldn't waste my money on an iPad....EVER.

If I wanna take calls, receive SMS', get all my business and personal emails on one device, or play Angry Birds while on the pooper, my Samsung Galaxy S does the trick, and fits in my pocket too.

My work requires me using lots of software from the Adobe Suite, which my laptop handles quite efficiently. And the kind of hardware those softwares require, won't be on the iPad for a long time. I also have to type long ass business emails, for which using the on-screen iPad qwerty crap would be a pain in the ass.

If I had 400 GBP lying around, I'd invest it, like I said, in one of the new DX11 graphic cards and smoke the panties off of any PC out there OR I'd probably buy an SSD, then probably one of the new HD or a 3D projectors and paint my wall white OR a Samsung Galaxy S2. AND after all of this, if the green would still be troubling my pockets, MAYBE buy an iPad, but I'd think about it very hard before doing it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    SSD is a better investment
    Screw SSDs! I'll wait until they get cheaper.

Meanwhile:

AMD Radeon HD 6990 Graphics

4 GB DDR5 2X256-bit - 5000 Mhz - Supports up to 6 displays. Fastest card in the world. Gaming insurance for the next 10 years.

*DROOL*

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Screw SSDs! I'll wait until they get cheaper.

Meanwhile:

AMD Radeon HD 6990 Graphics

4 GB DDR5 2X256-bit - 5000 Mhz - Supports up to 6 displays. Fastest card in the world. Gaming insurance for the next 10 years.

*DROOL*
    I'd love one, but the power bill would be horrendous I've only got an 850 watt PSU as well