Page 160 of 344 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 3435
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    None.

Unless it's a Fiat 500
    Crap car. Can get more horsepower with lesser money in other cars.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Can I just mention that Siri is a useless pile of complete crap?
    Just like 90% of the Apple products.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well, I see you people are having a fun fiesta around here!

For all the stick that CaptainRaiden is getting, and let's be honest I would like to bash him a bit too, he is pretty much spot on about Apple products.

Don't get me (completely) wrong, the Apple products are doing what they are meant to do which is make some people feel happy with their new toys that they can use to phone, surf the internet ( - flash based sites), watch some vids and pics, read the news and oh well that's pretty much all you can do with an apple product without losing time compared to other tools that are available and are also cheaper.

I had to LOL pretty loud when Arrows kept mentioning the use of cloud instead of USB, I take it he doesn't leave home often.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think you misunderstood what Mark said there. He didn't hint at feeling bad about his purchase at all. Sorry still reading this thread and thought I'd jump in before anyone else points this out.
    How sweet.

To be clear, I'm not laughing at Apple customers, just Apple and their ridiculous marketing. As you can see, I didn't make those funny pics. A lot of other people did and the internet is full of such Apple jokes, and so a mass proportion of the crowd finds them ridiculous. I'm just posting them here for fun. No need to get touchy about it, unless it makes you look at your iPad in a different way.

Hey henners, did you have your iWater today?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Well, I see you people are having a fun fiesta around here!

For all the stick that CaptainRaiden is getting, and let's be honest I would like to bash him a bit too, he is pretty much spot on about Apple products.
    Thanks ioan.

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I had to LOL pretty loud when Arrows kept mentioning the use of cloud instead of USB, I take it he doesn't leave home often.
    IMO cloud storage is the future, but its practicality makes sense only in a much, MUCH distant future. And regardless of how far ahead we go into the future, it will always remain a secondary option and can never replace physical storage completely, UNLESS you have standard wi-fi of at least 300-500 MBPS across the country at every corner and at every remote place, which to implement will take decades, especially in the not-so-rich countries.

Apple and some other companies have hyped it up very well, and a lot of people have bought into the idea without thinking about some key things:

1. It is not secure. Hackers will have a field day with people's personal files.
    2. It is fine for small documents, but you're screwed if you have to download anything bigger than a few 100 MBs outside the wi-fi or 3G zone.
    3. It would to have be extremely robust and reliable, meaning no internet outages pretty much ever, just like physical storage.
    4. At this moment, it is expensive, slow AND unreliable.

So, yes, premium products like the iPad, for $600, needs to have the most basic industry standard, and that is a simple USB port and hell, even an HDMI port.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Apple products are only good for making people feel happy, surfing the net, and looking good, but run slow?".... Right ok ..... This thread is amusing, keep it going, convince me Apple are rubbish, nobody has succeeded yet
    Well, if I'm paying $800 more for inferior hardware, they better not be rubbish, make my breakfast, clean my shoes AND drive me to work!

Unfortunately they do none of that.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    ...the iPad needs to have the most basic industry standard, and that is a simple USB port...
    Not in my experience. If you need a tablet with a USB port then the Microsoft Surface should suit your needs at (it is rumoured) between $599-$999.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    $400 extra for a USB port on the side??? Microsoft will probably charge $200 more just to have flash if it isn't already included like they always do
    Still a better tablet than iPad.

I believe henners you misread it wrong. Because their base model already has a USB port AND an HDMI port, which would retail between $550 to $600, similar to the entry level iPad at 16 GB, it also has a similar mobile processor. The difference is the Surface has double the capacity at 32 GB. Oh, and surprise surprise! It also has a MicroSD slot (another huge limitation of Apple products), so you can slide in a 64 GB microSD card and get the capacity up to 96 GB. 96 GB on a tablet for $600!! Apple doesn't get it.

For the $999 model (called Surface Pro), you get a much faster Intel Core i5 processor, 128 GB capacity (expandable to 192 GB) of course, Windows 8, USB 3.0 and a Minidisplay port (which you actually only get on a $1000 more expensive Macbook pro), which is amazing value for money considering how less you get from the similarly priced iPad 64GB version. Source: Amazon.com

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    Oh, and surprise surprise! It also has a MicroSD slot (another huge limitation of Apple products)...
    Nope, never experienced that as being a limitation either
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993