Page 115 of 344 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 3435
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    So I'm being subjective when I point out that WP7 is missing some crucial things which iOS and Android have had for a while, whilst pointing out that it's also got some things which iOS doesn't have which WP7 has had since launch.
    Not at all. Where you're being subjective is when you claim some feature is "crucial" or "vital" (as you did when you spoke of the original iPhone not having "vital" 3G capabilities). My current phone is not 3G capable. But it works perfectly fine. So how is not having 3G "vital"? Even worse was when Ioan claimed that the other gentleman was doing no productive work whatsoever if he was using an iPad instead of some Windows based device. My girl's school system uses iPads for special needs children. As I've mentioned before, some of the kids have issues with human interaction (autism and emotional problems). For whatever reason, the iPad (I suppose any tablet with the proper apps) makes these children VERY productive, relative to how they were when using Windows (or even Apple) based desktop/laptop systems.

Banks, brokerages, sales organizations, airlines, medical care facilities, manufacturing companies and all manner of businesses are adopting tablets for reasons of productivity improvement. I make my living by offering what knowledge I have of productivity and efficiency improvements to companies. But unlike certain people here, I do not (or try not to) let myself be handcuffed by prejudices or personal biases. The basic motto of my kind is to allow the data to guide decisions.

Stating various facts and features is fine. It's when people go off on hyperbolic benders, and use those facts and features to try to reach conclusions that may or may not be valid, that some disagree with.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    So what does everyonethink of Amazon's move into the tablet market with the Amazon Fire? I have slowly been coming round to the idea of tablets and this looks to be a tablet that wont break the bank. I also have to say that I really do love my Kindle. The idea gets a from me so far but we will know more when its released.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    So what does everyonethink of Amazon's move into the tablet market with the Amazon Fire? I have slowly been coming round to the idea of tablets and this looks to be a tablet that wont break the bank. I also have to say that I really do love my Kindle. The idea gets a from me so far but we will know more when its released.
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    The Kindle Fire looks good and if its only then I think it'll be a winner. If there is one company that can rival Apples benchmark App Store it could be Amazon IMO.
    I agree with you both. From what I've read of it, the new Kindle looks like a winner. Amazon is willing to accept lower margins than most other tech/consumer companies, plus they have the vast Amazon market place. I think the first product that effectively dies with this introduction is the Nook. I don't think this version of the Kindle Fire competes directly with the iPad, just based on features... or lack thereof (no camera, mic, etc.). But there are apparently next gen. Kindles already in the works that surely will. As a low cost media consumption device, I like it - especially at that price. And isn't that where so many of the other tablets failed? They were trying to price their Hondas at the same level as the Mercedes = guaranteed failure. I can't say that the Fire is something I would buy for myself, but I can appreciate the concept. Looks good!

On a side note, there is a rumor going around that RIM is considering killing the struggling PlayBook already.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Well its just been mentioned on the BBC that Google have accused Microsoft of using the same ruthless tactics as Apple concerning patents.. it seems Apple are no longer perceived as the sole evil do-ers in the patent war.
    Microsoft is, and has been, and will remain to be the dirtiest player in the game.

They essentially make as much money from Android as Google.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    What's the opinion on the new £89 Kindle?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bit much for a chocolate egg. Must have a hell of a toy for that money

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Laptops shouldn't take that long to boot up. If they are taking a laughable amount of time to boot up then your IT people need a good hiding.
    Boot speed will be limited to hardware capability. A netbook with solid state 'disks' will boot much quicker that a traditional hard drive.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    There's a big difference between allowing someone to log in @ home to a citrix session and allowing that person to bring that laptop into work and have it on the corporate domain.

Personally I wouldn't take my machine into work and plug it in and put it on the domain, I just wouldn't even though I'm 99.999999999999999% sure there are no viruses or malware on there.
    Provide a seperate subnet then, with a clear route out through the firewall, and they can access Citrix while in the office with their personal device. Why add it to the domain??????
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    What's the opinion on the new £89 Kindle?
    Like it. Never did like the keyboard that came with the version I bought. It's a digital book reader, that's all I want it to do
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993