Page 137 of 344 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 3435
    Thanks

agree

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation

Another reason not to be stupid when wanting to obtain and iPad or an iPhone . . . or any other trendy and cool product.

Five Charged in China After Teen Trades Kidney for iPhone and iPad | Techland | TIME.com
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    I'd give my left nut for an iPad...

“If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    I'd give my left nut for an iPad...

That's not enough. You can trade a major organ, but we all know men exaggerate when it comes to size. Besides anything you have two of it's all that important.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    As for the mobile devices from Apple, there is a new app called OnLive Desktop. If I'm reading this correctly, I believe you can run a virtual Windows desktop on iPads, complete with the MS Office suite.
    And now OnLive is "legal". As much of a walled garden as people accuse Apple of being, it does strike me as kind of funny that Microsoft has locked out older Windows machines, once they've lost the ability to upgrade to Windows 7 or whatever. But now, have at it! Let your iPads and old Windows machines get a full taste of the Blue Screen of Death!

You Can Now Legally Run Windows on Your iPad Through OnLive

We reported last month on the legal and licensing issues surrounding OnLive and its OnLive Desktop for iPad, a freemium offering from the cloud gaming company that offered iPad users a full Windows 7 desktop experience complete with Office and the ability to watch Flash content. The company made a big entrance into the Windows/Office on iPad space in January and announced its premium and business plans the following month.

Microsoft’s licensing arrangements for using non-PC devices to remotely connect to a Windows desktop and/or Microsoft applications are pretty complex. As we noted previously, the issue is centered around licensing for Windows 7 and not Office. Other companies, including CloudOn, also offer iPad-centric access to cloud hosted versions of Office.

The crux of the Windows desktop licensing issue is that Microsoft makes it nearly impossible for any provider to offer non-PC devices (and older PCs that can’t run Windows 7) a virtual Windows 7 desktop that’s hosted on a remote server. The easiest way around this solution is present users with a Windows Server desktop instead. Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 share much of the same code and virtually all of the key desktop and user interface features. What they don’t share is the very restrictive licensing of Windows 7.

As a result most virtual desktop (VDI) providers offer users a Windows Server desktop stripped of all the server-related tools and components.

It seems that OnLive has decided to play by those same rules. As noted by virtualization expert Brian Madden, OnLive Desktop today began using a Windows Server 2008 desktop instead, which should remove any licensing issues. Madden also notes that OnLive CEO Steve Perlman has ties to Microsoft, which may have hastened the company’s decision. The switch was also noted on the company’s fan forum site.

Overall, the shift isn’t likely to have too much impact on end users. It’s pretty unlikely that OnLive needed to change much in their cloud architecture to make the change. That means the functionality shouldn’t change. It’s also unlikely that this will derail the eventual expansion of OnLive Desktop, though it may have purchased any launch data out a little bit.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've always found Macs being Windows friendly and Windows being stingy with us Mac'ers.
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    My first post using my Galaxy 10.1.
    I'll let you know how things work out.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

duke patriots

An overall total regarding Karen Millen UK six times of actions, beginning with the particular Buddhist Monastery for the White baidunzi, which there are 4 nights aside on foot.Chanel Handbags Acquire no less than 7 or 8 hours per day, every day starting from Ten feel, on the camp out may be the superstars. From a tough day time,Scarpe Hogan good night relaxation. Once the wind flow can be solid camp out, filled with mud through the roll,alteration by appliance Kate Moss a rapid break of our own tent north and south poles, outdoor tents 50 percent hidden inside planet. Li Jian, a similar group using the Transformers group an overall of some 20 men and women, by using young children to sign up, most of the people very first stop by at the actual Gobi. To start with, ft blistered additionally realize that pain, and down the road totally reduce.

bobby brown arrested susan g komen

An overall total associated with Karen Millen Dresses six times of pursuits, beginning from the actual Buddhist Monastery on the Whitened baidunzi, that you can find 4 days absent by walking.Chanel Handbags Take a minimum of 7 or 8 a long time a day, every day starting up from Ten am, to the get away is the superstars. Following a challenging day,Scarpe Hogan good night rest. After the wind can be powerful camp, filled up with fine sand in the rotate,alteration by appliance Kate Moss a rapid break individuals outdoor tents poles, covering 50 percent hidden inside the world. Li Jian, exactly the same party with all the Transformers staff a complete involving several 30 people, with kids to participate in, many people first visit to the actual Gobi. In the beginning, ft blistered in addition realize that pain, and also later on entirely lessen.