Page 270 of 344 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 3435
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Indeed. Apps will be the key for any manufacturer and Blackberry need to attract more developers onto their platform.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Oh nice one, I hope it lives up to your expectations. If not I think there is usually a 7 day cooling off period where you can change if you wish. I know Carphone Warehouse allow this.
    Just as well as I've just cancelled the order and will be popping down to my local Vodafone store to get the Nokia 920 ASAP!

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    I'm sort of considering getting new hardware and I'm not sure where to go. I'm tempted to get a stupidly expensive big screen phone to replace my trusty old Nokia.
    I've upgraded purchase project to a new status.
    I'm now considering getting a new smartphone.

Sony Xperia V seems to be on top at the moment, I really wanted to like the Lumia 820, but it's just too closed system, I'm nerd enough to need real third party multitasking and open Bluetooth. And sadly only Androids do that well.
    I do like some features on it, it has some weatherproofing and a replaceable battery. And It looks a lot better than the Nexus 4.

I either need to get drunk and order the damn phone or somehow justify myself that I's a good idea to spend 500 Eur on it.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    what do you think of the lumia 920 Malbec?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    what do you think of the lumia 920 Malbec?
    Just to clarify my wife has an 820, I have a 920 and my officemate has two 620s, one for him and one for his wife so I've had a good play with them all.

My 920 is utterly fantastic. Very smooth, fast and handy. Windows is excellent, I don't think it lacks for anything although I've had the usual difficulties adjusting to a completely new OS. So far the battery doesn't last quite as long as I expected but I've only put it through a few cycles so that might improve.

Put it this way, I pre-ordered the Xperia Z which would have come with a £300 set of headphones as a special offer. Obviously cancelling that order means I won't get those headphones, but the Nokia 920 is good enough that I don't care.

I do think that Windows sells itself best by people having a good go on the phones to see it in action. The staff in the Vodafone shop I went to knew next to nothing either about the OS or the phones running it.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Exactly. The big problem is that you'll never walk into a store and be sold a windows phone without asking. Perhaps there's a stigma attaches to them? I've owned 3 different windows phones and have liked them all. Should get number 4 soonish.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Exactly. The big problem is that you'll never walk into a store and be sold a windows phone without asking. Perhaps there's a stigma attaches to them? I've owned 3 different windows phones and have liked them all. Should get number 4 soonish.
    I think there is a certain stigma attached to them but for reasons I can't explain. Just reading the tech articles on various sites you get the impression they are given a hard time. Just reading today Blackberry are very much the phone company of the month with a lot of effort going in to their marketing on British TV at the moment. They are officially still the third most popular platform after Android and iOS according to articles this morning despite not really pushing any of their flagship products for the last 12 months. I have heard mumblings that manufacturers are complaining that WP8 is too complex to work with and Microsoft are very much helping Nokia out more than the rest. The lack of apps is the key issue I think, or should I say the lack of well known apps that you find across other platforms. I think this needs to be tackled in order for them to be a serious contender within the already competitive market.

Everybody I have spoken to lately who owns a WP8 device has been very happy with it in my experience. I didn't used to know anybody with one but a couple of friends and colleagues have moved across to it and think its brilliant. I know someone with the 920 and its got a lovely screen on it with plenty of saturation on the colours. My only gripe from an aesthetics point of view is its weight and size. If you can put up with that then fantastic. Hope you continue to enjoy your purchase Malbec, you've obviously thought long and hard about it.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Why the quick turnover? They must have been crappy if you want to get rid of them that fast.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Me? First phone was an omnia 7 which I gave to Caroline when I got a lumia 800 which I couldn't get unlocked and I picked up an hd7 very cheap. All good phones, though the screen is a bit ordinary on the hd7

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think there is a certain stigma attached to them but for reasons I can't explain. Just reading the tech articles on various sites you get the impression they are given a hard time. Just reading today Blackberry are very much the phone company of the month with a lot of effort going in to their marketing on British TV at the moment. They are officially still the third most popular platform after Android and iOS according to articles this morning despite not really pushing any of their flagship products for the last 12 months. I have heard mumblings that manufacturers are complaining that WP8 is too complex to work with and Microsoft are very much helping Nokia out more than the rest. The lack of apps is the key issue I think, or should I say the lack of well known apps that you find across other platforms. I think this needs to be tackled in order for them to be a serious contender within the already competitive market.

Everybody I have spoken to lately who owns a WP8 device has been very happy with it in my experience. I didn't used to know anybody with one but a couple of friends and colleagues have moved across to it and think its brilliant. I know someone with the 920 and its got a lovely screen on it with plenty of saturation on the colours. My only gripe from an aesthetics point of view is its weight and size. If you can put up with that then fantastic. Hope you continue to enjoy your purchase Malbec, you've obviously thought long and hard about it.
    Well, there was a time when Windows such a popular thing to dump on. Back in the ME and early XP days at least. I guess this still persists. I'm temping somewhere at the moment doing admin work and we were talking about phones and the IT manager has an iPhone, i showed him my windows phone and he asked how many times a day I have to reboot it Thankfully it was just a lighthearted bit of banter

I imagine that if Apple had called the iPhone a Macintosh phone then it wouldn't have done so well.

I guess I'm just not a typical user, I don't find myself using apps all that much really. I use the web version of facebook on my phone unless I'm uploading and tagging photos in which case I use the built in facebook. I use last.fm when I'm in the shower to play music and I use a couple of weather apps. Perhaps I don't know what I'm missing, but I just don't feel the need to move because of apps.

We're both looking at upgrading at the moment, Caroline quite likes the Ativ S which is a dual core Galaxy S3 running WP8 and I quite like the Lumia 920, though the Ativ S does also appeal to me as well.....

Lumia 920 has a fantastic camera, has 4g (probably not really much of a factor tbh), does wireless charging and the Ativ S is slimmer, has a bigger screen, is lighter and the screen was a bit more vibrant I thought.